Monster Crits

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Monster Crits

Post by Drow Arrow »

so a little while ago i found out through talking to to other players that monsters can't actually crit you. so my suggestion is give monsters the ability to critical hit.. it would make the fights more interesting and to be honest it would add more value to getting crit immunity if you're not a PvP player but still go Palemaster for example (for the record i do NOT play a PM).

i just don't see the logic of the player being able to crit but the enemies not.. it's not like there aren't enemies with crit immunity so why not put players crit immunity (if they have any) to more use.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
Azra'eil
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Monster Crits

Post by Azra'eil »

Its how NWN is made and the fact that you often face several mobs at once. I would not like to see PvE content able to crit
sergeil
Duke
Duke

Post by sergeil »

If foe are able to critically hit, this will shift the balance towards the foes and can upset the balance. This may require revision and possibly adjustment of all foes on the server.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It means everyone would play a palemaster, otherwise there would be a lot of insta-kills going on. This server has been down this road before.
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

driller wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:41 am It means everyone would play a palemaster, otherwise there would be a lot of insta-kills going on. This server has been down this road before.
Maybe add a new very rare forge stone that only drops from instanced loot boxes resulting from raid boss kills, and that forge stone could give non-PM's Crit Immunity for a hefty ilvl cost to prevent merely adding this property to an already existing godly item as an after-thought. I realize that this leads to another well-known problem, that there are a finite number of textures/meshes that can be used for an item in the inventory, and the ability for that item to stack is tied to the mesh/texture chosen for the item's inventory icon. But since this is intended to be a rare item, you could maybe use a texture that doesn't stack. Maybe use the same icon as the Prismatic stone, but with a different color scheme, so it is clear visually that it is different from a prismatic stone?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Eventually we would end up right back were we started after enough stones circulated. Except that everyone would be immune in PvP instead of just the PM. I just don't think it is worth it due to all the grief it would cause.

Dyndrilliac wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 12:08 pm
driller wrote: Wed Aug 25, 2021 5:41 am It means everyone would play a palemaster, otherwise there would be a lot of insta-kills going on. This server has been down this road before.
Maybe add a new very rare forge stone that only drops from instanced loot boxes resulting from raid boss kills, and that forge stone could give non-PM's Crit Immunity for a hefty ilvl cost to prevent merely adding this property to an already existing godly item as an after-thought. I realize that this leads to another well-known problem, that there are a finite number of textures/meshes that can be used for an item in the inventory, and the ability for that item to stack is tied to the mesh/texture chosen for the item's inventory icon. But since this is intended to be a rare item, you could maybe use a texture that doesn't stack. Maybe use the same icon as the Prismatic stone, but with a different color scheme, so it is clear visually that it is different from a prismatic stone?