Whip Weapon

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Jenova91
Commoner
Commoner

Whip Weapon

Post by Jenova91 »

I noticed this weapon doesn't get much love !
I find one lvl 21 since i'am here a side of that, nothing.

I also noticed there is no "socketed wipe" in blackstone , no Whip in Oasis merchent, Citadel or Skyhaven ( for skyhaven maybe someone bought them, not sure about it )

You can only find a fe begineers whipe is the tavern of Blackstone.
Goodman
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Whip Weapon

Post by Goodman »

it's a completely impractical weapon, i can only thing of it being useful as a means for a caster to disarm someone but the check is made against the user's strength so even then it's pretty pointless, which is why it's underutilized

i think it's fair to point out that it is about as obscure and underutilised as the trident, but there is a practical reason for it lol
Jenova91
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Jenova91 »

I agree, but i'am not pointing what is meta and what isn't.
I'am just talking about the fact you drop way more other weapons than some, that's all, otherway i would build the most meta thing possible (dual kama for exemple).

Also, it's only a suggestion, not a complaint, just want to be clear :P
Dyndrilliac
Baron
Baron

Post by Dyndrilliac »

I think the best way to make a decent whip is to use the Gem of Transference to transfer the properties of a decent weapon level 30 or below onto a blank regular whip that you bought from the dude at the tavern. But I agree, it would be nice to see more capable whips available at some of the other merchants, even if whips do in general tend to suck.
Drow Arrow
Baron
Baron

Post by Drow Arrow »

Dyndrilliac wrote: Mon Aug 23, 2021 9:15 am I think the best way to make a decent whip is to use the Gem of Transference to transfer the properties of a decent weapon level 30 or below onto a blank regular whip that you bought from the dude at the tavern.
not sure if this would work, as it would depend on whether the whips "Bonus Feat: Disarm (Whip)" stops it counting as a "plain" weapon, as far as the transfer system's concerned.

not saying it won't work, I just doubt it'd work but who knows until someone tries to do it.
Active Characters:
Ragos Meadsmith
Efiel Meadsmith
Avalius Meadsmith
Gharbad Meadsmith
Garrett
Count
Count

Post by Garrett »

Goodman wrote: Sun Aug 22, 2021 5:12 pm it's a completely impractical weapon, i can only thing of it being useful as a means for a caster to disarm someone but the check is made against the user's strength so even then it's pretty pointless, which is why it's underutilized

i think it's fair to point out that it is about as obscure and underutilised as the trident, but there is a practical reason for it lol
why are you runining everyones fun here dude