Censoring/Timeout on Discord

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Aragnus
Commoner
Commoner

Censoring/Timeout on Discord

Post by Aragnus »

No where was I disrespectful. No where did I call individual out of their name. Next issue if I choose to post my address in a comment , it is my right to do so. You disagree with my opinion you are more than welcome to discuss it over a cup of coffee in person. What I did to day was point out an opinion regarding a rule change that affects the new players more than it does the Vets on the server. As I expected the Vet players circled the wagons and basically told the new players to f'n-off of course it was done with stating it in a different way. After I voiced my opinion those vets that were displeased kept mentioning me in their comments. Sway had the audacity to call me a keyboard warrior. I am definitely not that in real life nor online. I can physically back up what I say and do. Plus that was calling me out of name and quite disrespectful. After all was said and done on discord it seems my son took it upon himself to discuss my opinion with other players and I wake up to being put on timeout on BSK discord server. Last I checked I am a 56 year old man not a 4 year old. so treat me as as a grown assed man. Yes I have more gaming experience and dming starting with AD&D going back to when I was in 7th grade. sorry if that statement offends some people. Over the years I learned that you listen to all players opinions not just a select few. If you do not you end up driving players away with unbalanced changes that benefit one group over the other. Just saying more thought and advanced notice should be given before changes are dropped in game.
Omegon
Baron
Baron

Re: Censoring/Timeout on Discord

Post by Omegon »

Although you do have the right to post your personal information online and brunt the consequences, The various channels here have the right to safeguard and remove sensitive information as the internet can be a horrible place.

Posting is a privelege, Not a right.

What is more irresponsible is the risk you place your family in by doing so.

I have spoken with people involved and have taken relevant action and discourse.

Going forward this all stemmed from a change in a videogame and it shouldn't have been escalated so highly.

I will be locking this post to prevent any responses from the playerbase to avoid escalation and act as a reminder that yes we are all here to have fun but please remember it is just a video game.