The Fall of Summer - Permadeath Journal

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.
Ozmiz
Commoner
Commoner

The Fall of Summer - Permadeath Journal

Post by Ozmiz »

This is the story of the rise and fall of Summer.

I had a crazy thought today of "What if..?"
What if I made a character in Blackstone that had one life <Period>.
That means death is permanent, a play-through where "mors vincit omnia!"

To complicate things (or to expedite an early demise), I would follow a few simple rules:
No multi-classing.
No Power-builder pre-planning or guides
.. and no twinking or help from my other characters! Yea.. that will be hard, but I'll resist the temptation.

At character creation, I thought long and hard. I guessed either Cleric or Druid as my best chances.
Since Summons are actually useful on this server, I rolled up a Druid for the Animal Companion to fight for me along with a Summoned Creature.
After all, if things go south hopefully I can sacrifice one or both, while I'm running all the way back to the Keep!

We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction.
— Douglas MacArthur, 1880-1964, American general

I introduce to you "Summer"

Summer 1 Day Old - Happy Birthday Girl! Live long and prosper
Journal has a new entry - Clean out the Kobolds. Hmm, from a RP prospective, I'm not sure how a druid would feel about that, but since staying level 1 and never leaving the keep sounds boring, off I go to wipe out the poor Kobolds.

Turns out I didn't have to kill the Kobolds. I stumbled upon Smaug and IJZ; they killed the Kobolds while I stood back and shouted "To Arms! To Battle!"

Also, Thank you Smaug and IJZ for walking me through our Quest to help the Farmer with his Undead problems.

Lost my Party to a Server Reset, but an Honorable mention to Velho and Arqueiro for assisting me on my journal resolving a few quests.
Soloed some content after each had to leave, and thus the 1st day of Summer ends... with no death (but one really close one in the Cemetery).

Summer will rise and shine another day

Although I did have a thought. What if I "died", and a Cleric was in the party and rezzed me.. would that be cheating death? :?:
Last edited by Ozmiz on Mon Jul 19, 2021 5:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ozmiz
Commoner
Commoner

Re: The Fall of Summer - Permadeath Journal

Post by Ozmiz »

The Fall of Summer Day 2

Today I learned Blackstone Keep has... "interesting" characters. Meet Tas the Naked; A Trash Barrell Worshipper.

Later, in the Spider's Cave, Tas the Naked ran in and attacked me and my capable new friend. Yea... that didn't turn out too good for Tas. :lol:

Speaking of: A special thanks to Alowiendel Arrow for duo'ing with me in the Spiders Cave; a foul place in bad need of balance!

Alowiendel Arrow recruited Hans the Capable, and Nynaeve the Reluctant. Nynaeve was right to be reluctant, seeing Alowiendel is "aggressive" in her quest for XP.. taking us to a shrine that made us a little nervous? Yes definitely! (awesome xp though).

Day 2 to be updated when the day is over... or when Summer Falls :twisted:
Last edited by Ozmiz on Mon Jul 19, 2021 6:23 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Ozmiz
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ozmiz »

The Fall of Summer - The Conclusion:

Summer has Fallen.
(Credit: Pin by xuân vũ on Art | Concept art characters, Curse of strahd art, D&d dungeons and dragons Source: https://www.pinterest.com/pin/482800022556789284/)

Her Sad demise came unexpectedly.
Summer regrouped with Alowiendel Arrow and Norisa, and went back to Shrine VI in the Mistwoods.
They bravely fought their way to Shrine Level III, and was immediately engaged on all sides.
At first things appeared to be under control, when the pets went down due to a barrage of critical hits.
Escape was not possible.

In the end, her Druidic skills had grown rather well. She was level 13, and could cast up to the 6th circle.
She mostly stayed in Bear form.

Goodbye Summer.

morte magis metuenda senectus

A special shout-out to all those that helped me along my journey; It was a blast!
Thank you to all Devs, DM's, Admins, and to all of the players that make this server so much fun.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Nice write up. I was looking forward to seeing how far you could make it without dying. Maybe I should turn the hardcore option back on.