Things I have noticed

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

HolyWann
Commoner
Commoner

Post by HolyWann »

The only reason youd want to have a hide skill higher than 43 is for PvP anyway ... I leveled a rogue to 40 easily and he could hide from any normal monsters with that much. The way forge stones are dropping lately , the little clique of uber PvPers will stay champs in all duels for quite awhile anyway since the other ( have not Amber and other stones ) players will never be able to compete on par with them anyway . I stay out of PvP because of that. But back to the point , i stand by saying that a rogue that really wants to target your ass for OOC reason or whatever , just cant be stopped . Akon stones wont stop a lev 40 rogue ( why would he care dying anyway ? ) . The guy is completely free to use this rogue to threaten you until you finally just log out because you cant do anything about it and losing your stuff isnt fun .

Want an example ? I was simply fighting skeletons on Blackstone road and i was level 4 . Suddenly a stupid bully that decided he would RP with me even if i wasnt interested came around and asked me to pay a toll to him . I completely ignored him and continued to play alone and kill skeletons . Of course , the guy was only looking to kill another player for fun and he finally decided to attack me anyway and i died of course . Ok , that sucked already but you know whats worst ? All this time , there has been a hidden rogue watching the whole scene ( i knew of it after ) and that rogue had been following me and PPing my stuff . So , i died on that road , i respawned losing xps and i just had enough of that crap and logged out without noticing i had many items missing . Now how cool is that ?

Look , i like BSK ( been liking it since start ) . I rarely RP , i dont like social stuff , i dont harass other people , i dont interract with them , i like to do the quests and play alone . I dont PvP , i dont steal or do anything that could have any ill effect on another player . All im asking for is for other players to respect that and just leave me alone . A MMO doesnt mean a world where players MUST interract with each others , it means a world where many players are online at once . Unfortunately , i only see Pickpocket like an intrusion into my gaming and i dotn really have any means to deal with it and im not interested to retaliate agaisnt the robber . I just dont want to be involved at all . For me , the artificial world Driller builded is great enough for my fun and i have no need at all to interract with other human players . I have no wish for it. I despised even more when other players want to force me into their own pretended RP thing , especially when i know the point is to lead to an unwanted confrontation . If Pickpocket really only was a Roleplay tool like the other guy said then , i wouldnt have to ever be worried because i DONT roleplay . Unfortunately , it isnt .
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

Yes, a rouge can max out his skill points at 127, but very few characters are able to get all of the equipment needed.

And yes, there definately needs to be a limit on PPers. Today I was on the road with a level 5 character, and I had a couple hundred pieces of gold stolen, as well as a forge stone and a socket gem (No big loss to me, I've been around forever and I have loads on my other characters). I know he was there because the undead did attack my unseen stalker. And I agree, level 40 thiefs shouldn't be picking on low level characters. Unfortunately, without the Creature Rating, they can easily slide out of punsihment by claiming they didn't know the character was a couple levels lower than them.

As I suggested earlier, I think there should be a script preventing a thief with 5 levels higher than the victim from PPing.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.