Bloodcult: The Dark Halls

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Sway
Count
Count

Bloodcult: The Dark Halls

Post by Sway »

I've recently been asking myself why go there if the loot at other places are more worth it as far as drops, plus they're easier. I've came to conclusion that its not worth farming here at all, and don't see the real point to this area besides an alternative to the Umgah area. The Umgah area is fairly easier, doesn't require you to fight a 100ac mob, and also the loot is about the same. I would suggest making the Bloodcult area a tad bit harder, and increase the drop rate. Making people actually want to go here. Cause as of right now, people would much rather go other places, making this area useless.

Let me know what you guys think.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Bloodcult: The Dark Halls

Post by Cornflower »

I’d like an area, slightly harder than Umgah city, but still solo-able with a non-minmaxed build, but still a chance, even if small, for high-grade loot. One can wish... :-)

It’s hard to raid when you’re 3 people on the server.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

I agree that the drop rate for Bloodcult should be better than Umgah because of the increased difficulty but I don't think the Bishop is that bad. It's much easier to avoid one 100+ AC mob than avoid respawning 90 AC mobs, plus with a caster it's not that hard to kill either.

Edit: I also like the redesign of the area from a more open space to a map filled with corners and corridors, it helps to avoid drawing large groups at once.
Adalon
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Adalon »

I must be doing something wrong, because I can't even make it halfway into that Umgah area without needing to turn around and run out screaming. 4 level 40s and that is about as far as I've been in the UD lol.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Adalon wrote: Fri Oct 04, 2019 8:07 pm I must be doing something wrong, because I can't even make it halfway into that Umgah area without needing to turn around and run out screaming. 4 level 40s and that is about as far as I've been in the UD lol.
Running from mages is fairly normal but if you struggle with the other mobs then it's probably a gear problem.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Umgah Mages: Ignore or run away. That's the best advice.
There are some high AB builds that can actually damage them, but in general, run away or run around.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Umgah mages are fairly easy... Try killing a Bloodcult Bishop.
My point is the rewards for going to bloodcult isn't worth the trouble of even going there in the first place.
Cornflower wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 3:52 am Umgah Mages: Ignore or run away. That's the best advice.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

itchyfunk
Baron
Baron

Post by itchyfunk »

Yeah the Bishop is on a while different level than the umgah mage. Totally falls in the not quite worth it category. I was pretty salty after finally killing him and finding out there was not boss chest or anything. Here's definitely harder than either of the list City dragons.
Active Toons:
- Itchy Smurf
- Isioviel Aerendyl
- Eima Glaskanone
- Forgee et (Minot)
Yune
Knight
Knight

Post by Yune »

Meh, a certain fowl area is the best for loot anyway. Increasing the rate at blood cult won't really change anything.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

The Bishop is designed specifically for casters to kill, with a caster the fight is pretty easy. I don't think there's a problem with having one mob on the whole server that is caster-only, especially given how PvM generally favours melee over casters.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

I can agree to this, but tbh what's the point of doing them in the first place. I shouldn't have to go to secret areas to farm something with decent loot. If we want more content for higher level players, then what's making Dark Halls harder and increasing the drop rate? It would change peoples preparations for farming, create efficient mixed party's making casters a must have, which is rarely ever the case on BSK, and simply be worth going to.
Yunim wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 3:33 am The Bishop is designed specifically for casters to kill, with a caster the fight is pretty easy. I don't think there's a problem with having one mob on the whole server that is caster-only, especially given how PvM generally favours melee over casters.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Yune wrote: Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:04 pm Meh, a certain fowl area is the best for loot anyway. Increasing the rate at blood cult won't really change anything.
Of course it will. It will give us that play during times with few people playing (thus, can't party/raid for high-level bosses and loot) an other alternative, which I think is a good thing. Also, not everyone knows how to get to the secret chicken area.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Exactly, make it hard for someone soloing, but also soloable. And make the loot worth going there to fight hard mobs. I would suggest also maybe making it an area strictly for mages. But that's a whole other story.
Cornflower wrote: Sun Oct 06, 2019 12:28 pm Of course it will. It will give us that play during times with few people playing (thus, can't party/raid for high-level bosses and loot) an other alternative, which I think is a good thing. Also, not everyone knows how to get to the secret chicken area.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai