Kazra dragon and loot

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Kazra dragon and loot

Post by Cornflower »

So, the last few days I've been part of killing the Kazra dragon. It's all fun and all good, but a question.
Today, 2 times out of 4 he has dropped no loot, only the flower thingy. I must admit to feeling a bit disappointed, but maybe my expectations are wrong?

Is there a limit somewhere on how much loot he can drop (maybe it's a poor dragon, he doesn't have that much stuff to drop?) or is there a chance of dropping/not dropping?

I will test after the reset also, just in case it's just a mysterious bug.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Kazra dragon and loot

Post by driller »

Loot drops are not 100% and the quality of the loot diminishes after the first time you kill him.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 5:46 am Loot drops are not 100% and the quality of the loot diminishes after the first time you kill him.
Eh? Diminishes after the first time? Until when? Next reset, someone else kills him, leaving the area/server? What? I guess this is to prevent farming?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is actually a quest flag and a local int.

It is because the first time is meant to be a quest reward, you can still farm the Dragon, it just that you best chance to get the most forge stones is the first time he is killed. It is not that you won't get the with subsequent kills, it is that the chance and number that can drop is lowered.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Thu Oct 03, 2019 6:33 am It is actually a quest flag and a local int.

It is because the first time is meant to be a quest reward, you can still farm the Dragon, it just that you best chance to get the most forge stones is the first time he is killed. It is not that you won't get the with subsequent kills, it is that the chance and number that can drop is lowered.
That's actually really neat. That means that each toon has his/her own limitation. That's really, really neat.

Is there a similar limitation to the other bosses, like Shalnath, the witch and all those?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Similar.