Bounties

Report any bugs you find here.
solar777
Knight
Knight

Bounties

Post by solar777 »

I took a CR 3 bounty for Kaldek the Undying for my 5th lvl character. I figured, even if a troll at that CR, should be able to take him down but it was impossible - the guy is regenerating 15 HP at least (I know because I hit him for 7 HP, the elemental hit for 8+ damage). Multiple times including critical hits, his status would drop to just below totally healthy, then pop back up to uninjured.

On the subject of Bounties, are the CR correct? The majority of the bounties say CR 3, a few maybe up to 11. I've seen CR 3 bounties in the Druids area. If they truly are CR 3 - for example the druid area - it doesn't make sense to me to do those bounties anymore when your character is Lvl 15+ and the bounty is for much, much lower characters. The same for CR 3 or 5 bounties in other higher level areas.
Furious_ddd
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Bounties

Post by Furious_ddd »

I do not want to speak out of turn, but I believe the Bounties were always intended as a fun item for lpwer levels.

Regarding the troll, i dont wont to be too acidic in my speak to you, but maybe that will light a fire under you to figure our a way to damage trolls
Hafur Merhein - dwarven cleric
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Furious_ddd wrote: Fri Aug 30, 2019 6:58 pm ...

Regarding the troll, i dont wont to be too acidic in my speak to you, but maybe that will light a fire under you to figure our a way to damage trolls
Now, that's a very good reply. Nice!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
solar777
Knight
Knight

Post by solar777 »

I know how to fight trolls. Although I understand your point, there's no need to be insulting.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I don't think he was being insulting...
solar777 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 9:37 am I know how to fight trolls. Although I understand your point, there's no need to be insulting.
solar777
Knight
Knight

Post by solar777 »

Furious mentioned bounties are meant for low lvl characters. A CR 3 mission should be completable by a 5th lvl character, regardless of what monster it is. (Is completable even a word?) Again, I brought this up because the temple areas, minotaur area, druid areas, etc., require you to be of various high lvls or you get squished. However, there are plenty of CR 3+ missions for those high lvl areas. It seems at odds with what Furious said, about it being for low lvl characters is all I'm saying.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I just didn't take that way. But regardless, this was a bug and it is now fixed.
solar777 wrote: Sat Aug 31, 2019 10:15 am Furious mentioned bounties are meant for low lvl characters. A CR 3 mission should be completable by a 5th lvl character, regardless of what monster it is. (Is completable even a word?) Again, I brought this up because the temple areas, minotaur area, druid areas, etc., require you to be of various high lvls or you get squished. However, there are plenty of CR 3+ missions for those high lvl areas. It seems at odds with what Furious said, about it being for low lvl characters is all I'm saying.
Furious_ddd
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Furious_ddd »

Solar, no ill will intended.

I was trying to be cute and cryptic in my reply regarding game mechanics in case that was the cause.

I wont reply back to this chain any more since it is a bug report thread, but i wanted to be clear that i did not intend to insult or offend.
Hafur Merhein - dwarven cleric