Recent changes affect Quest rewards?

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Recent changes affect Quest rewards?

Post by Cornflower »

Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature. (Or rather removal of an old feature.) Anyway:

When you finish a quest (tested with various questgivers), you used to get XP, Gold, Gem. Now you don't get any gem.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think you got Gold, Gem and Loot for bounties, now you get Gold and Loot.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it's changed from before. Just a heads-up.

Also, I really liked the new Farmlands.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Recent changes affect Quest rewards?

Post by driller »

It should work as before, if by gems you mean Forge Stones, then the quest must give >=5000 xp.
Cornflower wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 7:53 am Not sure if this is a bug or a new feature. (Or rather removal of an old feature.) Anyway:

When you finish a quest (tested with various questgivers), you used to get XP, Gold, Gem. Now you don't get any gem.
I'm not entirely sure, but I think you got Gold, Gem and Loot for bounties, now you get Gold and Loot.

I'm not sure if this is intentional, but it's changed from before. Just a heads-up.

Also, I really liked the new Farmlands.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Ah. But no, I meant the new Polished gems you just removed. I thought they would be replaced with the "old" socket gems.

Also, Gank (in the mines) did not drop his special present either. Now I feel cheated... :-)
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Oh, I take that back. Now Gank was more generous, all is good in the mines.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

But, the item didn't work with sockets. When I tried to use a socket gem on the item, I got "Socket gems only work on newer socket items available in Gruther's Gear".

The description clearly says it's a socketed item.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Give me the name of the gem and the item you are using it on.
Cornflower wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 8:42 am But, the item didn't work with sockets. When I tried to use a socket gem on the item, I got "Socket gems only work on newer socket items available in Gruther's Gear".

The description clearly says it's a socketed item.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

It was a socketed kama, found in the mines. It was a white socket gem I think. Could have been a electric too.

Sorry, but I never imagined you'd be this quick in responding, so I just threw the kama away and thought I'd find another. Now the quest is finished, so I can't repeat it.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This will be fixed after the reset.
Cornflower wrote: Sun Aug 25, 2019 10:19 am It was a socketed kama, found in the mines. It was a white socket gem I think. Could have been a electric too.

Sorry, but I never imagined you'd be this quick in responding, so I just threw the kama away and thought I'd find another. Now the quest is finished, so I can't repeat it.