Lost items.

Report any bugs you find here.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Lost items.

Post by Sorcy Sid »

It looks like the server is not saving things very well for me. I know there were some problems with the journal over a week ago and now it looks like my inventory suffers something similar. This morning I thought I had dropped or had a helm pick pocketed off of my toon. Then I noticed a wand that I had purposely taken out of a bag for later use was back in it's bag. Not to mention that two of my very fancy armors lost their on hit description along with those properties.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Re: Lost items.

Post by Sorcy Sid »

Just to add, another player has informed me they have also lost items from last night.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

The server crashed ten minutes ago and restarted. I lost another helm and a ring my second acct just crafted.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Sorry about that. But, these things are going to happen. I am not a big tech company running with HA and 99% uptime and nwserver is far from perfect.

I save your character with a delayed write every time you obtain or lose an item. That's the best I can do.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

driller wrote: Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:59 pm Sorry about that. But, these things are going to happen. I am not a big tech company running with HA and 99% uptime and nwserver is far from perfect.

I save your character with a delayed write every time you obtain or lose an item. That's the best I can do.

Okay. I was mentioning it because its happening quite often.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Yune
Knight
Knight

Post by Yune »

Whenever you get an item you'd care about losing, relog. That force saves your toon.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You can type /save in he chat bar and it will export your character and save your current location.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

I was also told resting helps. Which I do remember having to do years ago in order to resolve item quirks.

I will have to make doing all of these things a serious habit since I have had two special drop armors lose their OH descriptions and abilities.

I would also like to mention I was forging a special lich axe for max AB that may have caused the server to crash on Sunday. Coincidence? The axe was, much to my relief, still in the forge when the server came back online. Which I quickly picked up, acquired, then instantly lost when the server confiscated it. And, no, my inventory was not full. Why did it take the axe from me? Was it higher than level 40?
driller wrote: Sun Aug 18, 2019 3:19 pm You can type /save in he chat bar and it will export your character and save your current location.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII