Level of RP on the Server

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Lord_Stubby
Commoner
Commoner

Level of RP on the Server

Post by Lord_Stubby »

Hi all,

I used to frequent this server over a decade ago (amazing it has been that long) as characters Perin Baldaldows (If I can even remember how to spell that name) and Joseph Thorn. I was pretty excited to see that the game has been re-released on Steam, and that there is activity on this forum again. I would check in every once in a while before when there was only about a post every week or so, but now I see things have heated up. Even though the server is RP-lite, I remember back in the day people were pretty heavily participated in RP. I can not remember too many server regulars who were not actively participating in the overall story and comings and goings of BSK. Just wanted to check if that is the case currently or if things have cooled off from an RP perspective? Also interested in hearing about how many people may be logged in on any given night before deciding whether or not to invest in the game. Thanks!
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: Level of RP on the Server

Post by Cornflower »

Lord_Stubby wrote: Sun Jul 07, 2019 3:41 pm Hi all,

I used to frequent this server over a decade ago (amazing it has been that long) as characters Perin Baldaldows (If I can even remember how to spell that name) and Joseph Thorn. I was pretty excited to see that the game has been re-released on Steam, and that there is activity on this forum again. I would check in every once in a while before when there was only about a post every week or so, but now I see things have heated up. Even though the server is RP-lite, I remember back in the day people were pretty heavily participated in RP. I can not remember too many server regulars who were not actively participating in the overall story and comings and goings of BSK. Just wanted to check if that is the case currently or if things have cooled off from an RP perspective? Also interested in hearing about how many people may be logged in on any given night before deciding whether or not to invest in the game. Thanks!
I would say that you get what you give. I have a couple of characters that's always in character. Mostly, if I act IC, I get good RP back. If you act OOC, you will get OOC back. I'd say that most people playing are a bit flexible when it comes to RP.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)