Player/game upgrades

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Kram of House Kram
Commoner
Commoner

Player/game upgrades

Post by Kram of House Kram »

I'd like to suggest a few possible ideas for player/game upgrades. A few things that could be implemented to make the gameplay a little easier on the players.

An additional line of quick slots would be great, especially for any class that might have two caster classes. It seems that all the spells memorized wind up coming up short without enough slots to place them in.

Continuing with the casters; since a specific monster type, specifically, bosses might need a different line of spells to combat, the players have to delete many spells in the quick slots and rememorize then re-slot. Perhaps something could be added to be able to set the quick slots for memorization of different monster types by a 1-click option as opposed to having to redo everything each time.

Also, is it possible to make it easier to transfer items from one of my characters to another? I understand the get a friend to hold an item(s) thing, but many times even that becomes a bit difficult.

I hope this gets some consideration.

Thank you.

Kram
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

Re: Player/game upgrades

Post by Douglas Thurman »

I came across this question of quick slots on another server now defunct. It's a game mechanic issue. Not sure the "HUD" could be adjusted without nuts and bolts access to the game. I've seen HAKS that adjust the color of icons and change/add icons so this might actually be possible. I can't program my way out of a wet paper bag so I'm at a loss for that.

As for transferring items, it's not frowned on but I doubt Driller's going to make it easier to do within one account.

I have two accounts so I do it that way.
Caylin
Knight
Knight

Post by Caylin »

I think having the town chest be per account rather than per toon would be a fine change. Its just QoL really as we all transfer anyway.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Caylin wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 5:52 pm I think having the town chest be per account rather than per toon would be a fine change. Its just QoL really as we all transfer anyway.
That's actually a good idea from a builder's point of view too, since it will reduce the number of items stored dramatically, even if driller would up the storage limit.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Actually, it will increase storage. I will look into this, but there are things like duping issues I will have to make sure it.
Kram of House Kram
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kram of House Kram »

driller wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 5:59 pm Actually, it will increase storage. I will look into this, but there are things like duping issues I will have to make sure it.
Thank you