Ranger

Post suggestions for improvements here.
ghost11x
Commoner
Commoner

Ranger

Post by ghost11x »

Perhaps I haven't found it...
Is there a place on the server for Rangers? I'm asking both questions here.

1.Is there a glade or a camp someplace that has the Ranger as a focus? Someplace that has a Ranger-focused Merchant and maybe a Ranger Quest would be nice.
2. Has the Ranger Class been "removed" from the server on purpose? I haven't found anything that supports a Ranger PC and there are a few things that take away Ranger skills. for example, when I use Animal Empathy to add an animal to my team I can't take it into the next area. I've tried getting a Bear in the Wilderness and it won't follow me into the Orc Camp to help me get the Golden Orb.

I'm sure there are other example but I've just started exploring.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Ranger

Post by driller »

1.Not specifically.
2.No. This is a result of the spawning scripts and/or cleanup. The issue was that some players where bringing in high levels mobs to lower level areas to troll other players and kill them.
ghost11x wrote: Wed Apr 17, 2019 10:00 am Perhaps I haven't found it...
Is there a place on the server for Rangers? I'm asking both questions here.

1.Is there a glade or a camp someplace that has the Ranger as a focus? Someplace that has a Ranger-focused Merchant and maybe a Ranger Quest would be nice.
2. Has the Ranger Class been "removed" from the server on purpose? I haven't found anything that supports a Ranger PC and there are a few things that take away Ranger skills. for example, when I use Animal Empathy to add an animal to my team I can't take it into the next area. I've tried getting a Bear in the Wilderness and it won't follow me into the Orc Camp to help me get the Golden Orb.

I'm sure there are other example but I've just started exploring.
ghost11x
Commoner
Commoner

Post by ghost11x »

Any remedy in the planning?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The only thing I could do at the moment is allow mobs spawned in the Wilderness access to the Orc areas.
ghost11x wrote: Thu Apr 18, 2019 3:50 pm Any remedy in the planning?
ghost11x
Commoner
Commoner

Post by ghost11x »

Thank you.

And to be off-topic for a moment, I've enjoyed playing on this server quite a bit. The folks that inhabit this world are generous and fun to play with and the systems seem to be well considered and challenging. I'm going to keep playing my many PCs (including the Ranger) and see how things play out.

But exploring is where the fun is. I just noticed some odd Skills showing up on a higher level PC and I'm interested to see what all this means.

Thank you again.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You're welcome. This will be in affect after the 6:00pm EST reset. Let me know if it doesn't work as intended.
ghost11x
Commoner
Commoner

Post by ghost11x »

I'll give it a test.

Is this a specific fix for the Wilderness animals? Or will the wolves in the Pasture follow (etal)?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Wilderness.
ghost11x wrote: Sun Apr 21, 2019 9:26 am I'll give it a test.

Is this a specific fix for the Wilderness animals? Or will the wolves in the Pasture follow (etal)?
ghost11x
Commoner
Commoner

Post by ghost11x »

That did it.
ghost11x
Commoner
Commoner

Post by ghost11x »

Soo.... should I ditch the Epic Gloves of Animal Empathy?