Electrifier

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Electrifier

Post by Capt Cliff »

So are you trying to make it more realistic, in a fantasy game? Or are you trying to make it more fun to play with this modification of the electrifier?! If it becomes too much of a hassle people will stop playing BSK. I have not been able to buy an electrifier for over 2 months. Every time I go to the shop the electrifier is gone, same with the rez rod! Just saying ...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have already stated what my goal is, to make more classes relevant. Unfortunately, implementing this is limited by time constraints which can cause issues, but, I will work it out eventually.

I do the best I can. I'm sure some people think it is a hassle, but there is always someone who is going to be annoyed by things, there is nothing to do about it.
Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 am So are you trying to make it more realistic, in a fantasy game? Or are you trying to make it more fun to play with this modification of the electrifier?! If it becomes too much of a hassle people will stop playing BSK. I have not been able to buy an electrifier for over 2 months. Every time I go to the shop the electrifier is gone, same with the rez rod! Just saying ...
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Kalaron wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 7:07 am Just a remind, if you going to remove the restriction and everyone could use the famous electrifier, please make sure you HAVE the ability to cast the spell you are recharging (cleric for cleric spell and mage for mages spell). Apply the same logic for all caster user.

cya
Err... In that case, you can just remove the electrifier. If you have the ability to cast the spell, you can just make a new wand. That would make the electrifier totally obsolete.

Please don't remove it. It's one of the many things that make playing here more fun. It doesn't overpower anything if you can't use it on a Ring of Nine Lives or similar.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 pm I have already stated what my goal is, to make more classes relevant. Unfortunately, implementing this is limited by time constraints which can cause issues, but, I will work it out eventually.

I do the best I can. I'm sure some people think it is a hassle, but there is always someone who is going to be annoyed by things, there is nothing to do about it.
Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 11:29 am So are you trying to make it more realistic, in a fantasy game? Or are you trying to make it more fun to play with this modification of the electrifier?! If it becomes too much of a hassle people will stop playing BSK. I have not been able to buy an electrifier for over 2 months. Every time I go to the shop the electrifier is gone, same with the rez rod! Just saying ...
Not deliberately trying to be overly critical so sorry if it sounded that way, but sometimes less is more. You keep mucking with anything and it turns to crap before your eyes!!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It gets mucked with because it is simply unbalanced.
Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:08 pm
driller wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 12:13 pm I have already stated what my goal is, to make more classes relevant. Unfortunately, implementing this is limited by time constraints which can cause issues, but, I will work it out eventually.

Not deliberately trying to be overly critical so sorry if it sounded that way, but sometimes less is more. You keep mucking with anything and it turns to crap before your eyes!!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:30 pm It gets mucked with because it is simply unbalanced.
Capt Cliff wrote: Wed Feb 20, 2019 2:08 pm

Got ya! Keep up the good work!
Lilia
Baron
Baron

Post by Lilia »

.... so to clarify then end result on the discussion/decision around the electrifier where the Rod of Resurrection is concerned

Rod of Resurrection can no longer be charged with the electrifier... now enforced.
The level to use the Rod of Resurrection... Level 9

Rod of Resurrection can only be charged by a character that can cast the spell? Will this require one cast for a complete charge or will it need to be cast on 10 times? Is this now also enforced?

Will a wand maker be able to make a Rod of Resurrection?

Will the current availability of the Rod of Resurrection be increased?
Alter Fritz
Baron
Baron

Post by Alter Fritz »

Lilia wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:21 pm .... so to clarify then end result on the discussion/decision around the electrifier where the Rod of Resurrection is concerned

Rod of Resurrection can no longer be charged with the electrifier... now enforced.

Rod of Resurrection can only be charged by a character that can cast the spell? Will this require one cast for a complete charge or will it need to be cast on 10 times? Is this now also enforced?

Great question.
Frankenstein doesn't scare me...
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.Heal and Resurrection re-charged do not work. The limits of using the it is the same as it was.

2.It cannot be recharged by any class.

3.This hasn't been changed.

4.Kinda defeats the purpose?
Lilia wrote: Sat Feb 23, 2019 1:21 pm .... so to clarify then end result on the discussion/decision around the electrifier where the Rod of Resurrection is concerned

The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

The ‘clerics can only recharge the item’ option looks to have been removed from Res rods. This makes the Electrifier only really useful for characters with multiple magic wands (that they can periodically recharge to 10 charges and switch around when they are low), and it also makes Res rods a throwaway item, which places more priority on scrolls instead.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

Why don't you create a n area where you can only charge the electrifier to its maximum and then another area where you can charge the item.

Limit the electrifier to where it can only hold enough power to charge one item and then you have to go to second area to charge the item before the electrifier can hold power again to recharge another item.

This will allow players to save their favorite items, but they will have to work for it.

Limit the amount of the same type of charged items one can have to 10 and if they have more then a magical mishap can happen. I. E.

Misfire - nothing happens
Explosion - every thing in radius takes damage and items are destroyed
Backfire - player takes damage of used item
Disappear - Item doesn't function and like items above the limit disappear and the used item looses all charges.
Electrifier quits working until the extra same items are disposed of.

Well you get the picture. :P

--Nobody Special
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

nobody-special wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:38 pm Why don't you create a n area where you can only charge the electrifier to its maximum and then another area where you can charge the item.

Limit the electrifier to where it can only hold enough power to charge one item and then you have to go to second area to charge the item before the electrifier can hold power again to recharge another item.

This will allow players to save their favorite items, but they will have to work for it.

Limit the amount of the same type of charged items one can have to 10 and if they have more then a magical mishap can happen. I. E.

Misfire - nothing happens
Explosion - every thing in radius takes damage and items are destroyed
Backfire - player takes damage of used item
Disappear - Item doesn't function and like items above the limit disappear and the used item looses all charges.
Electrifier quits working until the extra same items are disposed of.

Well you get the picture. :P

--Nobody Special
Pls no