Random Item Property Remover Nerf

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Random Item Property Remover Nerf

Post by driller »

The new stone and a new specific catalyst, would be a wipe and re-roll of all the properties of the rapier.

The new stone plus the rapier and a stone that equals the property you want to remove, removes that one specific property.

The new stone and just the rapier would remove one random property.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

driller wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 pm The new stone and a new specific catalyst, would be a wipe and re-roll of all the properties of the rapier.

The new stone plus the rapier and a stone that equals the property you want to remove, removes that one specific property.

Ahhh gotcha. This is a great idea.

So for example for someone who doesn't follow - without spoils:

Let's say the current Gold Forge stone gives AB..(which it may or may not)

LOOTED RAPIER HAS:
+8 AB
On Hit Sleep DC20
+4 Vamp regen.

Using the New Forge Stone + Gold Forgestone on the LOOTED RAPIER would remove just the AB.

If you don't have a Gold Forge Stone to do so, the New Forge Stone will just randomly remove one of the properties (Like the RIPR use to).
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

One of the leaders of Legion of Terror
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Pretty much.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

driller wrote: Wed Feb 13, 2019 12:33 pm The new stone and a new specific catalyst, would be a wipe and re-roll of all the properties of the rapier.

This sounds like a great change and I can't wait for it to be implemented. Thanks driller!
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Any idea when this new update will be implemented?
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Soon.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

I thought said stones to remove properties were supposed to be common. I have probably looted 100 or more chests since they released and have only looted one. This makes trying to forge a socketed weapon very very frustrating.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

sphinx wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:41 pm I thought said stones to remove properties were supposed to be common. I have probably looted 100 or more chests since they released and have only looted one. This makes trying to forge a socketed weapon very very frustrating.
They're common in that they can be found in any loot chest, not common as in the frequency that you will find them. I imagine that they have the same drop rate as the other common forge stones.
sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

I understand that but the fact that you can farm all day for several days and never get one just to try to take a property off of an item that has a desired roll, that you crafted, makes the whole forging system a thousand times more tedious especially when looking for certain stats.

For example if i had 2d10 bludgeon and roll 2d4 mass crit. That 2d10 may get taken off by the ONE stone that happened to get in days of farming. Now if it takes off my bludgeon...ok thats the risk but now i cant do anything and have to carry pages of socketed weapons around or go back and forth to the vendor. I basically need to roll exactly what I want 2 times in a row and if i dont...it's time to farm 2 more days at the hopes of getting said stone.

I liked how it was set up just prior to the nerf. The rod would ONLY work on socketed items and nothing else. It would also not remove class restricted affixes.

I had to have 2 pages full of one weapon trying to get the roll i wanted, coupled with the fact of the rarity of actually getting said stone, trying to put a second desired stat on is next to impossible.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

sphinx wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 10:36 pm I understand that but the fact that you can farm all day for several days and never get one just to try to take a property off of an item that has a desired roll, that you crafted, makes the whole forging system a thousand times more tedious especially when looking for certain stats.

For example if i had 2d10 bludgeon and roll 2d4 mass crit. That 2d10 may get taken off by the ONE stone that happened to get in days of farming. Now if it takes off my bludgeon...ok thats the risk but now i cant do anything and have to carry pages of socketed weapons around or go back and forth to the vendor. I basically need to roll exactly what I want 2 times in a row and if i dont...it's time to farm 2 more days at the hopes of getting said stone.

I liked how it was set up just prior to the nerf. The rod would ONLY work on socketed items and nothing else. It would also not remove class restricted affixes.

I had to have 2 pages full of one weapon trying to get the roll i wanted, coupled with the fact of the rarity of actually getting said stone, trying to put a second desired stat on is next to impossible.
Did you read this post? Although it hasn't been implemented yet it will make forging much less frustrating overall. Using your example, you would have a guaranteed way to remove the Massive Criticals roll rather than leaving it to chance.

Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Read my reply Sphinx, i broke it down so you can understand it a bit better. The new update with these will be well worth it.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

sphinx
Count
Count

Post by sphinx »

Totally missed your post Sway. Thanks. Still a little tough when you have the chance of never getting one to drop. Or very super rarely getting one to drop. Looks like i am going to have to start trading for it.
Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Yeah man i know your struggle, I've only gotten 1 so far. It's going to definitely make forging interesting with people getting those at a slowed rate.
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

Sway
Count
Count

Post by Sway »

Btw. If we are getting the ability to remove certain properties, can we get a forge stone that rolls random Skills? Or at least something that takes a skill on an item, to be use on another item? Not sure how this would work, but it's saddening to be limited to certain items that would help your build, but they're not really good in terms of the item itself. (i.e. Risktaker- great skill bonus' .. bad weapon in general)
Ingame Names:
iForge
Swae
Swai

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

These two are in affect now. The complete re-roll option is coming soon.

The new stone plus the item and a stone that equals the property you want to remove, removes that one specific property.
Ultra rare stones are ignored. This removes the base item property. There are several stones that add the same base type, yet they have different sub types. Remember this.

The new stone and just the item would remove one random property.