Elf Blade script check not working as intended

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Elf Blade script check not working as intended

Post by Cornflower »

Here's what I did:

First I used my Elf blade to gain a certain loot blade with the name "[Socketed] Elf Blade". Then I equipped the looted blade as my off-hand weapon. That also worked. Then I used my Flame Weapon-wand on my looted blade, NOT the Elf Blade, since I heard that wouldn't work. Then I got a message saying "You can't dual-wield Elf Blades, effect nullified".

As far as I could tell (getting killed very quickly), both swords worked as they should. Although I got the occasional message about "You can't dual-wield...". The Elf Blade effect triggered and gave me some HP, the Flame Weapon effect triggered when I hit with my off-hand loot blade.

So, basically, I think the trigger needs to be made aware that "[Socketed] Elf Blade" is not the same as "Elf Blade".

**** Edit

Next time I tested, it seemed that the message of not dual-wielding shut down the triggered effect. I got only physical damage until I re-equipped a couple of times. But I tested again, then it worked as soon as I switched out my "[Socketed] Elf Blade"... I am officially confused.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)