How to report harassment from another player?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

How to report harassment from another player?

Post by Cornflower »

OK. I got harassed for several hours recently. A player sent me invites which I declined since I didn't know him and he didn't try to communicate either IC or OOC. He followed me around and kept attacking me. I repeatedly told him I don't do PvP, I told him to read the rules, I told him I would report him. I tried to take a screenie, but failed. I had to log out, I couldn't play my new toon at all, he killed me about three times in total.

Character was "Rain" and player was "Lorch". His buddy, who killed me once, was "Gregor Yuwmax".

I got one screenie, where you can see he killed two people. I'll try to upload it.

While I was trying to get the screenie, he killed me three times more. I could not get five minutes to play without getting several invites and getting attacked repeatedly.

I tried reasoning with him. Someone else logged on as a lvl 40 character and killed Rain, but to no avail, he kept attacking me.
Finally he left, but then my gaming time was over for the night.

I can take some hostility, especially IC, but this was plain OOC harassment. I tried reasoning, tried to tell him how to approach people politely, but he kept following me around.

Tunnelrat McKilla and Borg Irndol was there for some of it.
Anvilbender Ungo killed Rain once to try to stop this, but Rain just respawned and came back.
Last edited by Cornflower on Wed Feb 13, 2019 4:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Re: How to report harassment from another player?

Post by Cornflower »

Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
UCFGoose
Commoner
Commoner

Post by UCFGoose »

Same cat, similar issue. We had partied earlier so when I got an invite I figured cool, he wanted to party up again. There's people in the party all over the place and he starts advertising a PVP tourney. All well and good but I don't care to take part so I dip out. Later on I get another random party invite from him and I'm off doing my own thing so I decline. Another invite, another decline. He starts flooding me with "?????" in tells and I said if he wants something to use his words. Next time I see him in town he tells me to come outside the gates, ostensibly to PVP me out there. Ain't nobody got time for that, especially so as I'd leveled quite a bit and woulda gone all hibbledy dibbledy on him.

If you want a party try asking and use the guy by the portal. Bugging someone repeatedly that has zero interest in hanging and banging isn't going to endear you to them and, in fact, will probably have the opposite of the desired effect.
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

This is the way to report a player for harassment, you can also send the DM team a private message here on the forums.

I'll follow up on this, thanks for reporting.
DM eaze
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Corn Anytime this ever happens again and If anyone sees the log in names X, X Mule, Z Mule, or Zero just send me a PM and I will gladly come and help anyone with ANY of these situations. You can message me on Discord as xBnBxZero, I do regret not logging in last night I started to but, the server was down so I went to bed instead. If you ever need help with this type of situation again don't hesitate to send me a message! If a DM is on there always the better way to go but, if one of them is not around I will gladly help out. Again sorry I wasn't around to help with this one. Seems like you handled things pretty good yourself with screen shots :)
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Wing--Zero wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:24 am Corn Anytime this ever happens again and If anyone sees the log in names X, X Mule, Z Mule, or Zero just send me a PM and I will gladly come and help anyone with ANY of these situations. You can message me on Discord as xBnBxZero, I do regret not logging in last night I started to but, the server was down so I went to bed instead. If you ever need help with this type of situation again don't hesitate to send me a message! If a DM is on there always the better way to go but, if one of them is not around I will gladly help out. Again sorry I wasn't around to help with this one. Seems like you handled things pretty good yourself with screen shots :)
Thank you.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

Wing--Zero wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 7:24 am Corn Anytime this ever happens again and If anyone sees the log in names X, X Mule, Z Mule, or Zero just send me a PM and I will gladly come and help anyone with ANY of these situations. You can message me on Discord as xBnBxZero, I do regret not logging in last night I started to but, the server was down so I went to bed instead. If you ever need help with this type of situation again don't hesitate to send me a message! If a DM is on there always the better way to go but, if one of them is not around I will gladly help out. Again sorry I wasn't around to help with this one. Seems like you handled things pretty good yourself with screen shots :)
Same Goes for Us Kazrites, Although we are evil aligned Plain OOC harassment is not cool My Logins Include Zezima/Balrog Always free to message me and I will happily sort any issues you have
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Thank you. That's good to hear!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Kitten77
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Kitten77 »

Hey Cornflower. Sorry this is late, I needed to register for an account. Just wanted to support your post with some screenshots, but I keep getting a "File too large" message. I just started playing last week, so thank you very much for your help. And yeah, "Rain" killed my level 1 twice. First time Rain said it was a misclick and he was just playing the game. Second time was right after I released and ran out. Nothing as bad as what you had to put up with. Thanks again for the info in game.
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Post by The Flying Rodent »

The old school forum format here doesn’t seem to support images beyond 480 pixels high , which includes basically any screenshot taken these days.

My workaround is to use imgur.

You can set up a free account and upload images to that, and then post the ‘direct links’ to the forums.
Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Also, discord could be used to report it to players or DMs that can get involved. Just @discordDM @hunter or @kazrite to get the attention of one of them. The screenshots can also easily be sent there.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Read the discord postings. Apparently Rain is regularly online systematically griefing low-level players near Blackstone Road. He's becoming quite the annoyance.

Here's just an example (timestamps in Swedish) from yesterday:

"KohliIgår 23:09
fyi: Rain is on, lurking near the chest/ beggar in the keep
The Flying RodentIgår 23:12
They're only level 10, I'm guessing that they were causing strife for low level characters earlier?
They're also gone now
ZekzaerIgår 23:19
Yes @The Flying Rodent. DM Eaze wants to be made aware if Rain comes online.
The Flying RodentIgår 23:22
Right.
sphinxIgår 23:22
@The Flying Rodent Rain is low lvl but he griefs even lower lvls by camping blackstone road using the "im the dark horse so i kill whoever i want" excuse.
The Flying RodentIgår 23:22
Aha."
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

It's been dealt with, thanks for reporting – and please continue to send us reports. I'm locking this thread as there's plenty of information in this thread now that addresses the initial question and concerns.
DM eaze