Version 1.68 and cloaks

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Cloaks, do you want visible wings?

Yes
40%
No
60%

Total votes: 20

driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Version 1.68 and cloaks

Post by driller »

The new cloaks in 1.68 will allow me to either hide your wings or let them show(with clipping issues). Which one do you want?

-driller
Zacarias
Duke
Duke
Location: Chesapeake, VA - West of Virginia Beach and South of Norfolk Naval Base.

Post by Zacarias »

I was about to say no, as I am tired of all these winged-characters with no RP what-so-ever walking around the Keep, but then I decided that if I don't want wings, I just won't take a subrace. I'll leave anyone who has wings alone.
We rode on the winds of the rising storm,
We ran to the sound of the thunder.
We danced among the lightning bolts,
and tore the world asunder.
LoserMLW
Commoner
Commoner

Post by LoserMLW »

Eh.. the novelty of the wings wore off long ago for me and I have never even played one of the subraces...

It makes more sense for the cloak to cover the wings - and from an RP perspective, it would be much more dramatic to be able to "unveil" your wings than to have a cloak with two slits cut in it for your wings...

Besides, no one with wings would WANT to try and wear a cloak while flying, at least, from a "I don't like cloth getting tangled in my wings" type of angle..

Either way, I suppose - won't stop me from playing.
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

I wouldnt mind, if, however, on the boat, you had a secondary NPC that added wings and tails, to players wishing to have them.

CEP 2 has some nice wolf looking tails, and cat tails, etc etc. :)
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
jackybaby
Count
Count

Post by jackybaby »

I voted to hide wings with cloaks. Just seems to make more sense to me in this case that when you get a cloak, it will cover your wings. When involved in RP and the character wishes to show the wings, then the cloak can be removed. If the character has wings, it will give an avenue to hide them from the rest of the world as well. Kind of neat I think.
The wise man speaks because he has something to say. The fool speaks because he has to say something.
Pretty Fly White Guy
Duke
Duke

Post by Pretty Fly White Guy »

I'm with the No people. wings would be under cloaks, and clipping is just... ewww
Vannevar
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Vannevar »

yes im for hiding the wings too , do you have any idea on the number of feathers i lose each day because of the wind ? :P
†horval Danthan.
Sturm Danthan.
Markarius Andraveyn.
Vektrean Elven Master Crafter.
ValentianNizzle
Duke
Duke

Post by ValentianNizzle »

I voted to hide the wings with the cloaks, seemed to me to be the most logical thing to do. :)
T'banyin
Duke
Duke

Post by T'banyin »

http://nwn.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic ... 3&forum=83

I am sure you have seen this driller, but, I thought I better post it anyways, just incase.
About the new cloaks and the old CEP 1 cloaks, causing character inventory bugs.
~~I am the cat who walks by himself~~
_Time_Stop_
Commoner
Commoner

Post by _Time_Stop_ »

Apparently there is a problem with some NWN chairs and stools all either facing backwards or to the east now.
Time holds still for no man, only a woman can make it seem forever.