Couple of newbie questions

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
neludz
Commoner
Commoner

Couple of newbie questions

Post by neludz »

Hello. Less than week ago i joined this PW and enjoying it very much.
However, there're things that seemed rather strange to me.
1)Enemies don't crit at all, probably because of server difficulty setting. Yes, i agree that monsters hit hard enough even without crits, but... That was rather dissapointing for me because my char is pale master and crit immunity is the main reason i took that prestige. I presume, crits still work in pvp?
2)Many people in-game and on that forum are talking that AC is almost useless on Blackstone. That was second bad thing about my PM) Just how much it is useless in endgame? If i have 80+ AC, enemies will still hit me everytime?
I have a great time on this server, people are very friendly and the quest levelling is awesome. But this two issues are really upsetting. Maybe i should think about rerolling to another character.
Last edited by neludz on Wed Feb 13, 2019 7:40 am, edited 3 times in total.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Re: Couple of newbie questions

Post by Yunim »

neludz wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm 1)Enemies don't crit at all, probably because of server difficulty setting. Yes, i agree that monsters are hitting hard even without crits, but... That was rather dissapointing for me because my char is pale master and crit immunity is the main reason i took that prestige. I presume, crits are still working in pvp?
Crits from actual players work in PvP, but crits from summoned monsters and companions/familiars don't work in PvP.
neludz wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm 2)Many people in-game and on that forum are talking that AC is almost useless on Blackstone. That was second bad thing about my PM) Just how much it is useless in endgame? If i have 80+ AC, enemies will still hit me everytime?
Theoretically, it's possible to AC tank high end dungeons as long as you party with a mage. However, in practice DR tanking is much easier and safer to do. 80+ AC will help while farming, but you won't be able to tank for a high end dungeon run.

Also, be aware that Pale Master's suffer from damage vulnerabilities to Bludgeoning (50%), Divine (100%), and Positive (100%). This makes tanking even harder due to the increased damage you could take from a high end mob.
Iwan
Knight
Knight

Re: Couple of newbie questions

Post by Iwan »

neludz wrote: Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:43 pm Many people in-game and on that forum are talking that AC is almost useless on Blackstone.
It isn't for soloing game content. In the end You will be left with 3-4 quests that will be impossible to accomplish singleplayer. In end game dungeon You will be getting hit all the time. Therefore it is a place for tanks like in MMO. You can not solo everything in here.