Disliked vs. Broken

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Terankar
Knight
Knight

Disliked vs. Broken

Post by Terankar »

Lately there has been quite a few posts made that promotes a certain dislike towards a mechanic, marking it to be a part or the game that is then claimed to be game breaking.

Please do not think that your dismay towards a function or mexhanic within the server is then a broken feature. If you are the only person with this issue then it is just that - your problem, not everyone elses.

I find that this to be more common than it should be and in my experience it comes to show as stated fact by the individual with the issue instead of proclaiming it as their point of view.

Take the time to announce it to be your issue and now everyone elses.

/rant completed.
The Flying Rodent
Count
Count

Re: Disliked vs. Broken

Post by The Flying Rodent »

Kazrite Army Members:

Gladdis the Damned
Thanatos
Asturonethoriusaline
Baron
Baron

Re: Disliked vs. Broken

Post by Asturonethoriusaline »

I agree with, like your post, rant, etc. So much is PERCEPTION.

And just because something SEEMS to be true, does NOT mean that it is True.

Thus its good not to say broken, or state as fact, etc, and instead use IT SEEMS LIKE, APPEARS AS IF, OR I THINK SUCH AND SUCH IS A CASE BECAUSE OF XYZ.

I was reminded of that, these things, when it seemed like there was a DEARTH of +2 AC items, contributing to me not getting +2 AC items until lev 13.

It seemed like that, but the reality was that I did not know about Bordermarch, and I had probably had a LOT of very bad luck in gear drops, and temporary lack of +2 AC items not being found at stores, Temporarily.

I could have stated my problem as FACT, said the game was broken, but glad I didnt, and said instead that it seemed like a Dearth of +2 AC items.

This allowed my perception to be corrected, and for people here to be able to help me.

Often times when someone states a misperception as fact, they are usually stubborn, wont, cant be changed, cant be helped.

And it can be annoying. Worse some might actually take the misperception as fact.

But if people will say such and such is broken, etc, without being right about it, without proving it with logic, facts, I usually just ignore it.

They can keep on saying its broken to a wall, lol.