Choosing Deity... and obscurity of the consequences

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Horrigoth
Knight
Knight

Choosing Deity... and obscurity of the consequences

Post by Horrigoth »

So, today I created a new toon.
I needed this toon to be Neutral Evil, as I wanted to be a blackguard later.
I chose "Lia" as my deity, as it says Lia will shift alignment to Neutral. Sounded good, as I was Neutral Evil.

Well, I went up to level 8, and trying to multiclass to Blackguard now -- just to notice it has actually changed my alignment to TRUE neutral.
Maybe I missed the part where it says I will be TRUE neutral. I could swear it just says "will shift to neutral".

Would be nice if the system was a bit clearer on this. Just wasted 3 hours on this... unless if there is a way to become evil later, by changing to evil deity?
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Re: Choosing Deity... and obscurity of the consequences

Post by Mask-inc »

On Marvale. West of the Steps. Temple to Kazra.

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
Horrigoth
Knight
Knight

Post by Horrigoth »

Mask-inc wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:23 pm On Marvale. West of the Steps. Temple to Kazra.

Mask
Yeah, thanks, I just happened to find it with a tip from a friend.

In any case, I think it would be very nice to change the selection in the beginning to make it clear it changes to True Neutral :)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

In the context of the intro, it explains that the shift will be Good/Evil/Neutral, it doesn't mention Chaos/Lawful shifts.

I will add a note that Chaos/Lawful doesn't change.
Horrigoth wrote: Tue Dec 18, 2018 3:02 pm So, today I created a new toon.
I needed this toon to be Neutral Evil, as I wanted to be a blackguard later.
I chose "Lia" as my deity, as it says Lia will shift alignment to Neutral. Sounded good, as I was Neutral Evil.

Well, I went up to level 8, and trying to multiclass to Blackguard now -- just to notice it has actually changed my alignment to TRUE neutral.
Maybe I missed the part where it says I will be TRUE neutral. I could swear it just says "will shift to neutral".

Would be nice if the system was a bit clearer on this. Just wasted 3 hours on this... unless if there is a way to become evil later, by changing to evil deity?