Not sure if bug - "Deflection AC will not stack" even if no other items equipped

Report any bugs you find here.
Horrigoth
Knight
Knight

Not sure if bug - "Deflection AC will not stack" even if no other items equipped

Post by Horrigoth »

Even if I am naked and put on my helmet that has deflection AC (Zek's Coif), it gives me the warning that it will not stack. What could this be?
I was wondering if it can be a bug caused by the fact that I made my character "Alu" and it gets the +1 to AC.

I also do not have any magical buffs on. Just a monk that just started.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Not sure if bug - "Deflection AC will not stack" even if no other items equipped

Post by driller »

It is because of the subrace. AC is applied to your PC skin.
Horrigoth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 pm Even if I am naked and put on my helmet that has deflection AC (Zek's Coif), it gives me the warning that it will not stack. What could this be?
I was wondering if it can be a bug caused by the fact that I made my character "Alu" and it gets the +1 to AC.

Horrigoth
Knight
Knight

Re: Not sure if bug - "Deflection AC will not stack" even if no other items equipped

Post by Horrigoth »

driller wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:15 am It is because of the subrace. AC is applied to your PC skin.
Horrigoth wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 9:26 pm Even if I am naked and put on my helmet that has deflection AC (Zek's Coif), it gives me the warning that it will not stack. What could this be?

I see. I wonder, is this by design or because there was no other way to implement it?
I would imagine one would only take it thinking it would contribute on top of any other AC items, since it is, you know, your innate bonus not from an item...
Seems like an odd tradeoff considering you get a permanent minus to an elemental resistance?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It is because the bonus is applied as an item property to the skin, it is a limitation of nwn. I cannot select the type of AC bonus.
The subraces where originally conceived as a RP races, their attributes where not really setup for power builds.

There are work arounds for the AC bonuses with on/unequip, but I would rather not go down that path.

In any event, I added 5% positive energy reduction to offset the vulnerability.

Horrigoth wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:48 am
driller wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 7:15 am It is because of the subrace. AC is applied to your PC skin.

I see. I wonder, is this by design or because there was no other way to implement it?
I would imagine one would only take it thinking it would contribute on top of any other AC items, since it is, you know, your innate bonus not from an item...
Seems like an odd tradeoff considering you get a permanent minus to an elemental resistance?
Horrigoth
Knight
Knight

Post by Horrigoth »

Understood, thank you for the efforts.
driller wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 9:06 am It is because the bonus is applied as an item property to the skin, it is a limitation of nwn. I cannot select the type of AC bonus.
The subraces where originally conceived as a RP races, their attributes where not really setup for power builds.

There are work arounds for the AC bonuses with on/unequip, but I would rather not go down that path.

In any event, I added 5% positive energy reduction to offset the vulnerability.

Horrigoth wrote: Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:48 am