About bows and arrows

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

About bows and arrows

Post by Cornflower »

I have an AA that I'm trying to equip with some good bows and arrows. There are some very good arrows around, even if they cost a fortune and an AA uses a xxx-load of arrows each fight. Oh, well. Nevermind the cost. Now, here's the crux of the matter:

If I have a melee weapon, I can for starters get a very good socketed weapon as a drop in a certain place. That gives a very good weapon that I can add up to +5 EB.
Next step is forging a very good weapon, which will cost me a bunch of money and Forge stones. That gives an excellent weapon.

What I'm missing is the opportunity to Forge or buy an excellent bow. Yes, there are a couple of good bows for sale and I know how I can Forge a bow, but the problem is that in order to get good unlimited ammo to the weapon, I need a very special Forge stone that I have not EVER seen in six months of playing. So, my suggestion is that:
a) change the recipe so that I don't need one of the never-seen Forge Stones to get unlimited ammo, but can use another Forge stone, or
b) increase the probability to find that special Forge Stone that I need for unlimited ammo.

I tried to make this spoiler-free, but I hope you understand what I mean regardless. Otherwise I can send a PM.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: About bows and arrows

Post by driller »

There is a certain annoying boss that has a high chance to drop the stone in question.
Cornflower wrote: Sat Nov 17, 2018 4:29 pm I have an AA that I'm trying to equip with some good bows and arrows. There are some very good arrows around, even if they cost a fortune and an AA uses a xxx-load of arrows each fight. Oh, well. Nevermind the cost. Now, here's the crux of the matter:

If I have a melee weapon, I can for starters get a very good socketed weapon as a drop in a certain place. That gives a very good weapon that I can add up to +5 EB.
Next step is forging a very good weapon, which will cost me a bunch of money and Forge stones. That gives an excellent weapon.

What I'm missing is the opportunity to Forge or buy an excellent bow. Yes, there are a couple of good bows for sale and I know how I can Forge a bow, but the problem is that in order to get good unlimited ammo to the weapon, I need a very special Forge stone that I have not EVER seen in six months of playing. So, my suggestion is that:
a) change the recipe so that I don't need one of the never-seen Forge Stones to get unlimited ammo, but can use another Forge stone, or
b) increase the probability to find that special Forge Stone that I need for unlimited ammo.

I tried to make this spoiler-free, but I hope you understand what I mean regardless. Otherwise I can send a PM.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Now, that's interesting.... Thank you!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

OK. I have been doing some research and I'm pretty sure I know which annoying boss we're talking about. Now, I don't want to be a whiner, but in order to even get to that boss, you need to know how to go there, which you don't, unless you know somebody who knows the secret. I happen to do that, but I have no idea how anyone else can even begin to find out unless you've played here 10 years back.

Now I might be wrong. But still. If I'm not, there's no way in xxxx that any AA-build will ever survive that. I went there with a competent fighter build together with an uber DD-build and we got creamed.

Also, if you ever manage to get your hands on the proper stone, the unlimited arrow you get is still random. So, you might end up having to find two or more of the impossible-to-get-to stones.

So, basically, that's like saying that stone is still unobtainable in practise. So, agian, I don't want to be a whiner, but I will repeat my suggestions of making either a change in the recipe for the bow, or perhaps increasing the probability of that stone somewhere else. Please?

By just doing all the quests, I can gather enough stuff to make an uber-sword, or uber-axe, but it's very much harder to make an excellent bow.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Nope. This annoying boss is part of the standard quest line. It is logical that he would be the one to drop the stone.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Sun Nov 18, 2018 6:52 am Nope. This annoying boss is part of the standard quest line. It is logical that he would be the one to drop the stone.
OK. Now I'm even more confused. But that's fun. Annoying boss in the standard quest line. That is not impossible. I just have to kill them all about 18 times more, then I should find out. Good! A project!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)