Various bugs

Report any bugs you find here.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Various bugs

Post by Yunim »

I started playing on Blackstone Keep a few weeks ago and I have really enjoyed my experience here so far.
Listed below are all of the bugs that I have encountered on the server so far.
However some of these might have been fixed since I first noticed them.

Elder Water Elementals (and their champions) don't give any XP when killed.

Some underdark mobs (Drider Archers and Slaads) drop normal loot bags in addition to the loot chest system.
In particular, Drider Archer arrows also get dropped.

The Demilich that spawns as one of the random underdark mobs does not have True Seeing, unlike the other undead mobs on the server.

Fetid Corpse champions give bonus XP four times.

Some champions (Balor Demons, Bebeliths, Death Knights, Dominators) don't give any bonus XP.

For followers of Lia (and presumably Eon too) if somebody in your party chooses a side for the Lost City quest before you visit the quest giver yourself, you are forced to do that quest variant.
I got lucky on my character since that was the variant I had planned to choose, but it would be nice if the party journal system didn't work for that particular quest.

I also encountered a bug using a particular forge stone, but I am not sure if I should post that here or send a private message.
Gimili
Count
Count

Re: Various bugs

Post by Gimili »

Yunim wrote: Thu Nov 01, 2018 6:17 pm I started playing on Blackstone Keep a few weeks ago and I have really enjoyed my experience here so far.
Listed below are all of the bugs that I have encountered on the server so far.
However some of these might have been fixed since I first noticed them.

Elder Water Elementals (and their champions) don't give any XP when killed.

Some underdark mobs (Drider Archers and Slaads) drop normal loot bags in addition to the loot chest system.
In particular, Drider Archer arrows also get dropped.

The Demilich that spawns as one of the random underdark mobs does not have True Seeing, unlike the other undead mobs on the server.

Fetid Corpse champions give bonus XP four times.

Some champions (Balor Demons, Bebeliths, Death Knights, Dominators) don't give any bonus XP.

For followers of Lia (and presumably Eon too) if somebody in your party chooses a side for the Lost City quest before you visit the quest giver yourself, you are forced to do that quest variant.
I got lucky on my character since that was the variant I had planned to choose, but it would be nice if the party journal system didn't work for that particular quest.

I also encountered a bug using a particular forge stone, but I am not sure if I should post that here or send a private message.
Private message regarding the forgestone.
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Thank you for the bug report. I will look into it.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

1.Fixed.
2.Fixed.
3.Fixed.
4. and 5. Could not reproduce, but rewrote the xp reward code.
6.Made the quest choice affect only the PC and not the party.
7.Fixed the Forge bug.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Thank you for fixing the bugs driller. I've experienced a few more since making this post.

The cost of using Gruther's forge is 50% of the price reported in dialogue.
For example, this screenshot shows a price of 1,641,992 GP when it actually only costs 820,996 GP.
I have tested this multiple times and it is always a 50% discount.

When two loot chests spawn in one round only one of the chests can be opened.
I have experienced this with AoE spells (eg. Wail Of The Banshee), Great Cleave, and a combination of Wail Of The Banshee and Finger Of Death.
It happens even when the mobs die due to separate spells, so it is likely a problem with dying in the same round rather than just dying at the same time.

I'm not sure if this one is a bug or intentional, but after exploring the Underdark I came across a tome that suggests finding a certain amulet.
However this amulet only spawns when doing the appropriate quest in contrast to the magic stone and magic book which spawn every time their owner is killed, which makes it difficult for high level characters to obtain this amulet.
Is it possible to make this amulet drop outside of the quest please.
Sorcy Sid
Count
Count

Post by Sorcy Sid »

I have seen this too. It also happens if a Lia reward happens at the same time.
Yunim wrote: Mon Nov 19, 2018 11:51 am When two loot chests spawn in one round only one of the chests can be opened.
Sid-Archer
Sid'darth
Sid 10
Sid, Sid, and more Sid.
Acct names Sid & SidII
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Yeah, the loot chest thing is an ongoing problem. I would assume it's intentional given how the loot system works, same as how most mobs are single critter encounters.
https://blackstonekeep.com/viewtopic.php?f=17&t=3101

If you wanted to get around that, perhaps set the loo box chance to be per encounter trigger instead of per creature killed? That way we could get more 'swarm' type enemies for AoEs, Cleave, etc.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

All of this should be fixed.
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Recently I've noticed that sometimes two chests will spawn from killing the same creature.
I have no idea what triggers the bug, since the three times it happened were all standard melee kills.
Only one of the chests will open so it doesn't actually affect how much loot you get, but I figured that I should report it anyway.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This as well as the potion bug will be fixed on the next reset.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Multi-chest bug still around i'm afraid.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Haste makes waste. This is fixed.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Tue Dec 04, 2018 5:09 am Haste makes waste. This is fixed.
Confirmed, I just had two chests in the same fight and it worked.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Yunim
Duke
Duke

Post by Yunim »

Gruther's forge doesn't work with two-bladed swords. I didn't test every weapon, but it works with double axes so I assume that it's just an issue with two-bladed swords and not dual weapons in general.

Since the Umgah Archers were changed they sometimes stop using their bow and attack unarmed. I think that some of them are spawned without arrows, since they appear to have their bow but then switch to unarmed after using Blinding Speed.
AegisSan
Commoner
Commoner

Post by AegisSan »

noticed the same thing with Gruther not enhancing two-bladed swords ><