Suggestion for later level casters

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Re: Suggestion for later level casters

Post by Ming »

driller wrote: Wed Sep 26, 2018 8:41 am I have bumped up the max caster level(30) on most of these spells. We will see how it goes.
cool, next lvl I get on my epic sorceress, I will switch out some spells and see how the improved casting lvl works. Shes 35, so I got a little bit of wiggle room left before my spells are forever set in stone.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Lets see... 30d6 is roughly 105 damage, empower that to about 150 so maybe 2-3 of those will take out something level appropriate, with another 1-2 to account for saves/resistances.

I'm keen to jump in and give it a go!
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

I am indeed seeing the 100-150 damage range, which is lovely! I've gone from resting every 2-3 fights to resting every 4-5, and can now be confident that breaking invis to get my dumb AI summon to attack actually achieves something, thank you Driller!
Haven't tried delayed blast fireball yet, I think we missed that in the list.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Delayed Fireball was modified, only Storm of Vengeance wasn't changed. To change it will take more thought based on the way it works.
Kane0 wrote: Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:34 am I am indeed seeing the 100-150 damage range, which is lovely! I've gone from resting every 2-3 fights to resting every 4-5, and can now be confident that breaking invis to get my dumb AI summon to attack actually achieves something, thank you Driller!
Haven't tried delayed blast fireball yet, I think we missed that in the list.
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

So the spells do feel better as base spells for sure, and for casters without the meta magic feats they are going to be an improvement. However on my sorceress, I still netted more damage overall by using a Maximized Ice storm, and a Maximized Flame arrow instead of chain lightening or delayed blast fireball. I already used horrid wilting in my 8th and 9th slots so the extra dice is nice there for sure. So in my case since I have all the meta magic I will be putting my spells back to how they were. Still though thanks for improving the arcane spells. I don't have a divine caster to test with, guess its a good excuse to level one and see what they feel like there.