Add a connection between Dwarven Citadel and Umgah City

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Add a connection between Dwarven Citadel and Umgah City

Post by Capt Cliff »

How about adding a tunnel, like the old tunnel between the Minos and the Eastern waste but between the area south of the Dwarven Citadel and Umgah City ... populate it with Umgahs or dryders or what ever nasty suites your fancy. It would make it easy for level 30+ toons to get to Umgah City to level up. The UD is dangerous! Great update driller!
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Add a connection between Dwarven Citadel and Umgah City

Post by driller »

Thanks. There is a waypoint in the Citadel and the Umgah City, not sure what the benefit of a tunnel would be.
Capt Cliff wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 pm How about adding a tunnel, like the old tunnel between the Minos and the Eastern waste but between the area south of the Dwarven Citadel and Umgah City ... populate it with Umgahs or dryders or what ever nasty suites your fancy. It would make it easy for level 30+ toons to get to Umgah City to level up. The UD is dangerous! Great update driller!
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Sun Sep 02, 2018 9:00 am Thanks. There is a waypoint in the Citadel and the Umgah City, not sure what the benefit of a tunnel would be.
Capt Cliff wrote: Sat Sep 01, 2018 9:42 pm How about adding a tunnel, like the old tunnel between the Minos and the Eastern waste but between the area south of the Dwarven Citadel and Umgah City ... populate it with Umgahs or dryders or what ever nasty suites your fancy. It would make it easy for level 30+ toons to get to Umgah City to level up. The UD is dangerous! Great update driller!
Since you have to actually visit the waypoint to aquire it and to find the Umgah City waypoint requires a expedition through the UD, where as before the cantina portal sent you to the Crossroad, this makes is very dangerous for 30+ level toons to do so. My 40 lvl DD got toasted down there. New/first time players playing without the benefit of meta-gaming would have a hard time wandering through the Underdark from the Dwarven Citadel to the Crossroads or to Umgah City, at level 30 or so. As you know Umgah City is the main area to level from 30 to 40 and traveling through the UD to aquire the Umgah waypoint may cause some people to leave and go else where when they end up dying all the time. I hate to say it but I meta-game to get the Oasis and the Umgah City waypoints, I am starting to do all of Foxmore's quests to get Zims passage option. But if you played it straight arrow you would enter the Dwarven Citadel and then have to wander throught the UD, dying endlessly, trying to find the Crossroads or meta game acquiring the waypoint. Put a boss in the cavern that drops a key that opens the door to the Umgah City area or have the door open by picking the lock, but I think the toolset only allows key or pickable lock. By the way this UD arrangement also makes the crossroads inaccessible to levels 21 through 30 for shopping purposes, making the shops down there almost useless. So please reconsider. Thanks!
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Umgahs actually are supposed to be the level 40 farming area. Not a leveling area. We vets tend to try and leveling up in that area out of habit but, your supposed to go elsewhere to do your leveling through 30-40. I would imagine even more so now that the Citadel is around. I may be wrong but, I think driller is trying to get players to have/use other avenues of leveling to 40 other than just going and grinding in the Umgahs. Its still a option and yet if you want to go there you have to go explore and fight through to get your prize. I actually like that idea since that area can be so rewarding.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Wing--Zero wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:02 pm Umgahs actually are supposed to be the level 40 farming area. Not a leveling area. We vets tend to try and leveling up in that area out of habit but, your supposed to go elsewhere to do your leveling through 30-40. I would imagine even more so now that the Citadel is around. I may be wrong but, I think driller is trying to get players to have/use other avenues of leveling to 40 other than just going and grinding in the Umgahs. Its still a option and yet if you want to go there you have to go explore and fight through to get your prize. I actually like that idea since that area can be so rewarding.
All well and good about Umgah City being a lvl 40 area but this new arrangement makes the Crossroads accessible to only lvl 40 toons?? Not wanting to post any spoilers but the Croossroads for obvious reason needs to be accessible to lvl 30+ toons or the whole place is useless.

Make the connecting tunnel system the same CR as Umgahville ... but have it connect to the Crossroads. Seems to me the Dwarfs in the Citadel would want to trade with the crossroads people so a connection would be obvious.The crossroads now has been cutoff to all but level 40's.
Stealth
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Stealth »

I'm not sure if Driller has made any modifications to the CR of the various creature spawns in the different areas of the Underdark to pull in encounters more targeted to the specific level of the PCs entering the area, but I've been able to maneuver through there solo for the most part doing the various quests available in the Dwarven Citadel with my pure wizard Ember. I started roaming around there about level 30 or so. It's pretty fun down in there ... dark and creepy!

I highly doubt I could take my barbarian Rogrog down there on his own though ... he probably wouldn't be able to carry enough cure critical wounds or drink them fast enough since his gear is petty meh - nothing custom crafted at all. I'll plan to take him down there in a party later once I've explored everything with the wizard since I love to discover new things on my own the first time around when possible.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Capt Cliff wrote: Tue Sep 04, 2018 1:52 pm
Wing--Zero wrote: Mon Sep 03, 2018 7:02 pm Umgahs actually are supposed to be the level 40 farming area. Not a leveling area. We vets tend to try and leveling up in that area out of habit but, your supposed to go elsewhere to do your leveling through 30-40. I would imagine even more so now that the Citadel is around. I may be wrong but, I think driller is trying to get players to have/use other avenues of leveling to 40 other than just going and grinding in the Umgahs. Its still a option and yet if you want to go there you have to go explore and fight through to get your prize. I actually like that idea since that area can be so rewarding.
All well and good about Umgah City being a lvl 40 area but this new arrangement makes the Crossroads accessible to only lvl 40 toons?? Not wanting to post any spoilers but the Croossroads for obvious reason needs to be accessible to lvl 30+ toons or the whole place is useless.

Make the connecting tunnel system the same CR as Umgahville ... but have it connect to the Crossroads. Seems to me the Dwarfs in the Citadel would want to trade with the crossroads people so a connection would be obvious.The crossroads now has been cutoff to all but level 40's.
Well... I wasn't aware of all the rebuilding, so I took my lvl 27 something Paladin to Umgah as usual and ran the gauntlet to the gates to the crossroads. I usually make that with no problem. Just watch before you run. I'm allergic to dwarves, so I haven't explored the Citadel yet. :-)
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The CR varies, there is a base level, but it will level the creatures and their attacks/bonuses accordingly with some randomness thrown in.
That's why you might fight a certain mob and it be pretty easy, but the next time it might be harder. Of course. the XP will be different too.
Stealth wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:48 am I'm not sure if Driller has made any modifications to the CR of the various creature spawns in the different areas of the Underdark to pull in encounters more targeted to the specific level of the PCs entering the area, but I've been able to maneuver through there solo for the most part doing the various quests available in the Dwarven Citadel with my pure wizard Ember. I started roaming around there about level 30 or so. It's pretty fun down in there ... dark and creepy!

I highly doubt I could take my barbarian Rogrog down there on his own though ... he probably wouldn't be able to carry enough cure critical wounds or drink them fast enough since his gear is petty meh - nothing custom crafted at all. I'll plan to take him down there in a party later once I've explored everything with the wizard since I love to discover new things on my own the first time around when possible.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 2:38 pm The CR varies, there is a base level, but it will level the creatures and their attacks/bonuses accordingly with some randomness thrown in.
That's why you might fight a certain mob and it be pretty easy, but the next time it might be harder. Of course. the XP will be different too.
Stealth wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 10:48 am I'm not sure if Driller has made any modifications to the CR of the various creature spawns in the different areas of the Underdark to pull in encounters more targeted to the specific level of the PCs entering the area, but I've been able to maneuver through there solo for the most part doing the various quests available in the Dwarven Citadel with my pure wizard Ember. I started roaming around there about level 30 or so. It's pretty fun down in there ... dark and creepy!

Perhaps a sign stating that the Crossroads can be found beyond this point, place them by the east and west exits of the area south of the Citadel. Sort of putting the carrot out there as an incentive for new players explore the UD, and to be prepared to run for your life.