Ruby Forge Stone

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Ruby Forge Stone

Post by Cornflower »

So, maybe there's a limitation, like you need to be a redhead or at least have 18 skill in something or other, but I tried the Ruby Forge Stone that I found the other day on many things with and without edges, rings, armor, etc, etc. Basically everything I happened to have in the inventory, but that didn't work. Could be the Ruby Forge Stone is bugged?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Ruby Forge Stone

Post by Capt Cliff »

Cornflower wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm So, maybe there's a limitation, like you need to be a redhead or at least have 18 skill in something or other, but I tried the Ruby Forge Stone that I found the other day on many things with and without edges, rings, armor, etc, etc. Basically everything I happened to have in the inventory, but that didn't work. Could be the Ruby Forge Stone is bugged?
Ahem, perhaps you should have said "new" forge stone instead of outing the color. This info should be RP'd in game. Too late now. Definitely a spoiler!
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Specifying that it's new is arguably a bigger spoiler than that it's a particular color.

Regardless, a bug is a bug and needs to be reported. Saves wastage until it's fixed.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Capt Cliff wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:10 pm
Cornflower wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 5:04 pm So, maybe there's a limitation, like you need to be a redhead or at least have 18 skill in something or other, but I tried the Ruby Forge Stone that I found the other day on many things with and without edges, rings, armor, etc, etc. Basically everything I happened to have in the inventory, but that didn't work. Could be the Ruby Forge Stone is bugged?
Ahem, perhaps you should have said "new" forge stone instead of outing the color. This info should be RP'd in game. Too late now. Definitely a spoiler!
Well, if someone had told me it was a new stone, I could have done that. But how should I know it's new? Also, how should I know it's the only new stone? It's not like I find Forge Stones all over the loot....
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
DM_eaze
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM_eaze »

Thank you for taking your time to report this. Driller is looking into this, as it's clearly not working as intended. To cause less confusion; this forge stone has been around for a couple of years, so it's not new #nospoiler :)
DM eaze
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Actually Ruby Forge Stones have never had any abilities. It was added by mistake, catch one of us online and we will give you a red for it.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

driller wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 am Actually Ruby Forge Stones have never had any abilities. It was added by mistake, catch one of us online and we will give you a red for it.
That's a good trade! I'll try to find one of you. How do I do that? What's your player names? Is it as simple as driller or eaze?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will just automate it and remove ruby from the drops.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:17 am
driller wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 7:14 am Actually Ruby Forge Stones have never had any abilities. It was added by mistake, catch one of us online and we will give you a red for it.
That's a good trade! I'll try to find one of you. How do I do that? What's your player names? Is it as simple as driller or eaze?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

For all intents and purposes, any remaining Ruby Forge stones will now act just like red ones.
driller wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 10:41 am I will just automate it and remove ruby from the drops.
Cornflower wrote: Fri Aug 03, 2018 9:17 am
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

Oh boy oh boy do I have some rubys for you!!
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Wheeeee!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Bandit
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Bandit »

So are we swapping these or is the process suppose to be automated now and they act like reds?

Asking because they don't work atm.
Trudes
Count
Count

Post by Trudes »

following
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I have tested this and the Ruby Forge stones work. Are you sure it's a Ruby forge Stone and not just a regular ruby gem?

It must be a Forge Stone. Normal gems will not work in the Forge.

-driller