shalnath

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Re: shalnath

Post by Forgery »

I never saw you say a word to us. We were having enough trouble with Shalnath already and never saw any messages, tells or openly talking. None.

threats from people struggling with shalnath dont scare me
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

so basically what im seeing is people in guilds wanting to remain in control of shalnath. seems to be a come to us type attitude. i much rather prefer the lets set aside our differences and take down shalnath approach. its much better than the humble yourselves before the guilds attitude.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

Garek wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 9:02 pm
Forgery wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:11 am well disregard this post as ive determined the best course of action is to simply stop the progress of the fight until we have come to terms.

As for maybe beefing Shalnath up. I think that would be a good idea, especially so vs. Palemasters who are taking advantage of no sneak attacks. That would be a good beef up.
i thought this at first too but when i look at the way it would play out not so much. it would be shally just randomly attacking people. instead of healing you would just have people who rez those who died. you could either choose to dedicate 1 or 2 people to rezing or just rez the guy next to you. you would remove the role of healer and tank and it would just be weapons masters. i think the fight needs more flavor. its already a multiple phase fight. lets add some stuff to the phases. first phase could stay the same and each phase after could get more complicated. there are many ways to do this. i have a few ideas but drillers imagination has proven to be much better than my own. and certainly the fight needs something for spell casters to do. currently its just healer tank and dps. spell casters could do some dps and go rest every 4 min i guess but seems so bland for what they are capable of.
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

Forgery wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 am so basically what im seeing is people in guilds wanting to remain in control of shalnath. seems to be a come to us type attitude. i much rather prefer the lets set aside our differences and take down shalnath approach. its much better than the humble yourselves before the guilds attitude.
Although this is an RP lite server it doesn't automatically mean that you are entitled to enter a party of people who do RP, and prefer RP. Im not saying RP should be forced, but I am also saying that there should not be RP. ( RP is fun it shouldn't be diminished).

It should stay as a first-come-first serve basis. 99% of the time The same people run Shalnath, this is one of those times that it wasn't the same group. If you don't want to be involved in the RP then fine.

But to suggest getting rid of RP all together by forcing group parties should be treated the same way.
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

it doesnt remove RP. if there are other guilds there then stick to your guns and leave. you could still have your first come first serve basis
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

Forgery wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 2:44 pm it doesnt remove RP. if there are other guilds there then stick to your guns and leave. you could still have your first come first serve basis
It does remove the RP, what if both guilds show up at the same time- but get partied together. They both want to kill shalnath, but they can't battle for the spot or discuss what to do.

What are they gunna say? "aw man the hunters got here first!" lemme leave. 0 RP
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

It should stay as a first-come-first serve basis. 99% of the time The same people run Shalnath

how is first come first serve RP or PVP?
SwiftShifter
Commoner
Commoner

Post by SwiftShifter »

Honestly watching this thread unfold from a casual/new player standpoint makes me sort of glad I’m not at that point in the game yet.If this is what’s to come at ‘end game’ that’s not a whole lot to look forward to.

Being petty because “they didn’t let me in on the kill so I’ll ruin their gameplay”. But on the other side of the fence, saying that it removes RP altogether because for one fight you can’t set aside the differences and join forces to defeat ‘the big bad’ of the server/story is ridiculous.

I’ve been involved in enough RP to know that anybody dedicated enough to it can still do their thing and not be brought down by something this small. If you can’t see eye to eye doing the kill then don’t participate, or wait until the kill is over and RP out a betrayal scenario and go to war after the fight.

I think an instanced fight would be better overall and am 100% agreeing with what kish said but that’s just my 2c.
Currently in game as;

Xerxes The Shifter (Druid/Monk/Shifter)
Merkules The Brutish (Fighter/WM/Blackguard)

Always willing to party up or chat.
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

Forgery wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:30 am so basically what im seeing is people in guilds wanting to remain in control of shalnath. seems to be a come to us type attitude. i much rather prefer the lets set aside our differences and take down shalnath approach. its much better than the humble yourselves before the guilds attitude.
No you are absolutely wrong.

A party of people, not a guild thing, was going on..........for the FIRST TIME IN WEEKS.......and because we were there before your party you got mad and cried on the forums.

That's the summary.

Anyone wanting to party to kill or witness killing Shalnath is always free to come along and help if they can. We have brought many people along. You though brought your 8 and there were already 6 there and you got mad. You have had what......3 more opportunities to since then all by yourself.

How about posting each time to get to go without anyone else getting to? But then all that would prove was your farming got interrupted and you got pi$$y about it.

Deal with it in game......or get over it.
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

Forgery wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 9:19 am
threats from people struggling with shalnath dont scare me
I don't want you to be scared. That's no fun.

I want you to feel froggy and jump!

But of course you will run to the forums and complain about being killed! (Yes I can see the future)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

SwiftShifter wrote: Fri Aug 24, 2018 5:41 pm Honestly watching this thread unfold from a casual/new player standpoint makes me sort of glad I’m not at that point in the game yet.If this is what’s to come at ‘end game’ that’s not a whole lot to look forward to.

Being petty because “they didn’t let me in on the kill so I’ll ruin their gameplay”. But on the other side of the fence, saying that it removes RP altogether because for one fight you can’t set aside the differences and join forces to defeat ‘the big bad’ of the server/story is ridiculous.

I’ve been involved in enough RP to know that anybody dedicated enough to it can still do their thing and not be brought down by something this small. If you can’t see eye to eye doing the kill then don’t participate, or wait until the kill is over and RP out a betrayal scenario and go to war after the fight.

I think an instanced fight would be better overall and am 100% agreeing with what kish said but that’s just my 2c.
Agree. Finally, a voice of reason.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

Seems this servers turning to shit.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Ming wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 pm Seems this servers turning to shit.
Funny how on a Monday around 11pm EST there are 35 people online that would probably disagree with that....maybe keep opinions like that to yourself or word them a little better. Just because your looking at it wrong doesn't mean the rest are.....People have disagreements it happens not the first one and wont be the last I'm sure. Just because people don't agree on something doesn't mean Blackstone isn't a fun server.

No this is not how it is at the End game....this was just one disagreement. That actually resolved itself in game. Forgery ended up running across the exact same situation and acted like the good guy he really and truly is during it. Than they took the next kill. Things just get frustrating in a game and people come to the forums to rant a little at times we've all done it at some point....it happens with any game. Doesn't mean anyone is wrong or bad its just part of being human. Everyone voiced there opinion on the matter and this subject is done and over. No need in stirring the pot anymore than it has been.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There was quite a bit of melodrama in this thread, but you took it to 11.
Ming wrote: Mon Aug 27, 2018 7:36 pm Seems this servers turning to shit.
Killuah Zodiach
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Killuah Zodiach »

I honestly can't say I have made it to the point of vsing shally yet.
Either way, if its a once per server reset type of thing where you defeat him globally across the server seems a bit weird, it technically limits anyone on the server (guild or not guild, party or solo) from only being able to fight him after a reset if he has been defeated after the reset already?
I'm presuming this is how he is setup.
If that is the case if a guild is setting up runes, and purposely waiting for the reset to take advantage of being the 'first' person to get to shally, defeat him simply for droops then a normal non power gaming, potentially great RPer wont have the opportunity of fighting him, claiming their own personal glory / gratification for finishing the servers story quest.
And as far as RP goes... "I randomly woke up today and figured I would RP my way into using a rune of recall, with all my guild buddies to pillage shally again?" lets get real, no RP would end up in that situation, and the cock size comparing ends there, you do it for drops, stop talking out your arse.
I don't know if its possible through the nwn programming, but shally should be a once per day instance type scenario, which resets the value on a server reset.
Cant run it more than once a day, but everyone can run it once a day type thing.
Just my thoughts, and please do correct me if I'm wrong on how it currently works, because I haven't tried him yet.