shalnath

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

shalnath

Post by Forgery »

so went to kill shalnath after server reset and another group was there. tried to talk to them and see if we could join groups. no response. was wondering what if anything i am allowed to do in such a situation.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: shalnath

Post by driller »

Were they already fighting?
Forgery wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 6:31 pm so went to kill shalnath after server reset and another group was there. tried to talk to them and see if we could join groups. no response. was wondering what if anything i am allowed to do in such a situation.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

yes they were. we ran up from 5th floor nothing was moved. seems they have someone who has a rune set before dungeon was "no portals allowed"
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

I lost the bet it seems.

We killed him for the first time in a while right after the 6pm reset.

We know you all have been doing it but we beat you there for once.

The others bet you would tear up on the forums instead of in game. I lost the bet thanks to you!

I never saw you say a word to us. We were having enough trouble with Shalnath already and never saw any messages, tells or openly talking. None.

You have killed him every day after 6pm reset recently. Someone else does and you run to the forums.

Really??

Not one single tell message afterwards either.

For some reason we have to come to the forums for communication instead of talking directly to one another.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

i sent the message to S&S kum;laskjdf however you spell his name. we dont kill him everytime. others do kill him quite frequently. i was just asking what is the policy during such encounters. on top of we dont kill him everytime because i usually have a different squad each time i kill him. i am not affiliated with any guild. i also try to make the group as big as possible to spread the wealth. i have killed him with S&S before.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

anyway once again im not complaining. i wasnt going to implement anyone although they have done so themselves. i was just wondering what the proper course of action was. If i had any complaints what so ever they would be that shally is too easy and should be beefed up some.
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

well disregard this post as ive determined the best course of action is to simply stop the progress of the fight until we have come to terms.
also i would like to add that i believe the reason you didnt think we would come to the boards and the reason whoever thought that we would was because you received no messages and they did. so if you lost a bet you got played. feels bad bro.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

What do you thin about just putting everyone in the same party for that area? You will all get the loot as it's instanced anyways.
Of course, it will be level 40's only.
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

driller wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:21 am What do you thin about just putting everyone in the same party for that area? You will all get the loot as it's instanced anyways.
Of course, it will be level 40's only.
I don't like this Idea,

I feel it should stay First Come First Serve. You are not entitled to Shalnath. And in term of (guilds) it makes no sense.

I do like this Idea though,

Say a group is at shalnath ( They beat you to the punch). But its an enemy Guild, You and your group can they take on the Enemy guild and whoever wins to get to take over Shalnath ( For that Run).

Maybe I'm a minority in terms of my opinion but I think that would be much more fun and add to the RP wars between guilds.
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Forgery
Knight
Knight

Post by Forgery »

i like the idea. it allows for new players who are not in guilds a chance to experience end game content. i come across a lot of noobs who never have killed shally
kish-kumen
Commoner
Commoner

Post by kish-kumen »

I like driller's idea as well. We play together as a family quite often, but we're no good and don't do pvp. I'd be saddened to miss out on a quest because someone "beat us to the punch". And we're not hardcore power players - back when we played regularly I think the highest level characters we had were level 33.

Just my take. And I don't want to spoil anyone's guild-based / competitive fun either.

My wife and I pay for the fun, for the story, and for relaxation. I realize others have different motivations and styles, and that's cool. Just don't want to potentially miss out.

Already had one instance where a player not on our pay ran up and stole the quest item after we killed the snake cult leader. That makes things not fun.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

I like that idea in a 'put aside our differences' sense. If Shally is the big bad, then thats the sort of thing that should be required to take him on. If you want faction warfare there is a quest for that already, and hopefully more on the way.
Gimili
Count
Count

Post by Gimili »

Kane0 wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 6:15 pm I like that idea in a 'put aside our differences' sense. If Shally is the big bad, then thats the sort of thing that should be required to take him on. If you want faction warfare there is a quest for that already, and hopefully more on the way.
Your suggestion of Good and Evil coming together is a great ideal I.E. The Kazrites and the Hunters. But it shouldn't be forced, it should be on their own terms through RP.
Gimili Lockbearer -Trusted Dwarf, friend of the elves.
Balrog- Right Hand Associate of Warlock the Evil
Morgoth- Kazrite General V.P. Of the Kazrites
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

kish-kumen wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 5:45 pm I like driller's idea as well. We play together as a family quite often, but we're no good and don't do pvp. I'd be saddened to miss out on a quest because someone "beat us to the punch". And we're not hardcore power players - back when we played regularly I think the highest level characters we had were level 33.

Just my take. And I don't want to spoil anyone's guild-based / competitive fun either.

My wife and I pay for the fun, for the story, and for relaxation. I realize others have different motivations and styles, and that's cool. Just don't want to potentially miss out.

Already had one instance where a player not on our pay ran up and stole the quest item after we killed the snake cult leader. That makes things not fun.
And we have taken plenty of new players or those that have never killed Shally along for the ride and to show them the ropes.

I just prefer to keep 99.9% of everything that occurs in game actually in game and resolve it there (with the exception of cheating/exploiting). It forces RP and prevents Driller from having to babysit so he can spend more time programming, building, etc.

As for the bet, they apparently knew the OP's overall attitude more than I did. I should know by now to never assume others are like me. I learned that a long time ago. :lol:
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

Forgery wrote: Thu Aug 23, 2018 10:11 am well disregard this post as ive determined the best course of action is to simply stop the progress of the fight until we have come to terms.
IF you stop my progress with Shalnath I will kill you on site. You have been warned.

As for maybe beefing Shalnath up. I think that would be a good idea, especially so vs. Palemasters who are taking advantage of no sneak attacks. That would be a good beef up.