More 'specific' weapons?

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

More 'specific' weapons?

Post by Kane0 »

Setting aside the random colorized weapons, it seems only two notable weapons (a certain knife and battleaxe) really pop up in loot once you hit epic level areas. I think this may or may not extend to light/medium armor, I seem to see either really nice clothes or full plate and not all that much inbetween.

It might just be my luck, but there seems to be a certain lack in variety. I'd be happy contribute some ideas in the form of exports if you're in the market for them Driller? Especially if it encourages the use of less-than-ordinary gear selections.

And brainstorm some fun ones here too of course!

Edit: Is it possible to apply the same colored name system to armor and other gear as well? Because that could be very interesting.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: More 'specific' weapons?

Post by driller »

If anyone wants to make custom items, I have no problem putting then in the module. But, it will be at my discretion of course.

I've already have written code for random items. I just need to find the time to sit down and make sure it all works the way I want it to.

I will try to make this a priority.
Kane0 wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 6:34 am Setting aside the random colorized weapons, it seems only two notable weapons (a certain knife and battleaxe) really pop up in loot once you hit epic level areas. I think this may or may not extend to light/medium armor, I seem to see either really nice clothes or full plate and not all that much inbetween.

It might just be my luck, but there seems to be a certain lack in variety. I'd be happy contribute some ideas in the form of exports if you're in the market for them Driller? Especially if it encourages the use of less-than-ordinary gear selections.

And brainstorm some fun ones here too of course!

Edit: Is it possible to apply the same colored name system to armor and other gear as well? Because that could be very interesting.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

I would make them sensible items and nothing overpowered. This is a good opportunity for everyone to get the items you've been asking for and help driller out at the same time. I just wouldn't go crazy with things like items above +6 ac, something above 15/- damage soak, items that have soak above 5/- to all elemental or immunity to everything(I would actually just steer clear of that aside from the 25% on armor and the allowed 5% on helm/sheild). We've all been playing here long enough to get the gist of what type of items the server allows and doesn't allow. I would try to keep that in mind when making the custom items. For example one thing I already made would be a book with Darkfire and Greater Magic Weapon. It's something practical that would come in handy for the non caster class as they are trying to level through bsk. Things of that nature I know there will be some awesome items people will think of that still won't be overpowered and will be practical for use. I look forward to finding these items!
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

You could use the Lagnar axe as a template for the highest powered weapon.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Cornflower wrote: Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:39 pm You could use the Lagnar axe as a template for the highest powered weapon.
I'm thinking so, Lagnar's and Crown of Thorns as the upper balance point

Edit: Oh and if anyone wants to try their hand but doesn't know how to Toolset just ask and ye shall receive.
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

I thought this is why we have forge stones.

+skill items were in a long time ago in the colored drops, but I have only seen those in their purple forms now.

Maybe that's a bug in the code or by design. Driller will have to weigh in on that.

Like Wing-Zero stated I would also worry about anything greater than +6AC or too much damage reduction, etc.

The best items have always come from crafting though. That's why we have a forge and forge stones.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Yes Forging can make the most powerful gear. The suggestion wasn't for power creep, it was for flavor and variety.

It would be handy to lay down some ground rules though. To start with how about:
- No Attack/Enchantment/AC/Save bonus above +6
- No Stat boosts above +4
- No DR Above /15 for B/P/S and /10 for the rest
- No Immunity above +25% for B/P/S and +10% for the rest
- No Regen above +3
- No Immunity to more than one Misc (KD, Mind Affect, etc) for any given item
- No level requirement above 25

To avoid making anything that's just plain OP.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

[
Last edited by Wing--Zero on Thu Aug 09, 2018 6:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I will look over any items and change them based on how I want things to work here. Plus, if there are any issues with balance, I can nerf later.

I am appreciative of Kane's and anyone else's efforts.

//Let me add in these guidelines. I know there are some items already in the game that break these rules.
Max DR 10.
Max immune 25% armor 5% the rest.
No higher level spell specific immunities.
No saves over +5.
No abilities over +5.
Max AC needs to be +5.
Limit skills to +10 (+3 for crafting).
Keep DC/SR limited 20.
Regen capped at +1
Death/Slay type properties need to be melee only.
No items that negate an entire class reason for being.(i.e. evasion feats/sneak attack immune/an item with all buff spells on it etc...).
I am sure there are others, this if off the top of my head.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Bored at work, taking ideas for more to submit to Driller...