Nerfed spells?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Nerfed spells?

Post by Cornflower »

Is there a list somewhere I can find out which spells are nerfed?

I used Word of Faith the other day. According to the description it's supposed to stun enemies or something (can't remember now). I read the log, the Troglodyte tried to resist, but failed. Still, nothing happened.

Since I'm trying to level up my cleric and going to start a wizard (yes, I'm a toon-aholic, due to short attention span) it's kinda important to know what spells are changed before levelling up.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Re: Nerfed spells?

Post by Kane0 »

Indeed, would be nice to know.

I think Time Stop is altered, and Ice Storm slows targets for a round with no save.
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Word of Faith is not nerfed on Blackstone. It actually works different than what your thinking and it shows. That one actually is a NWN mess up. It says it stuns the creature but, what it really does is blinds them.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Wing--Zero
Duke
Duke

Post by Wing--Zero »

Kane0 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:03 am Indeed, would be nice to know.

I think Time Stop is altered, and Ice Storm slows targets for a round with no save.
Time stop is altered to a radius nothing more really. Its just to make it playable and useable for everyone on the server instead of banning it outright all together. Heal works as it did in the original NWN which actually heals all hp instead of just 150 and Harm takes hp down to 1d4 as it did in NWN. Holy Avenger Strips all buffs like it does in Classic D&D. Also I MD was altered to strip all buffs as well but, doesn't work like that now...don't know if that one was intentional or not.
Duo Maxwell
Auran Goodman
Damian Goodman
Daniel Goodman
Karn
Aye Spyu
Heia The Deamon
and some others :P
Log-ins: Zero, X, X_Mule, Z_mule
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Wing--Zero wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:46 am Word of Faith is not nerfed on Blackstone. It actually works different than what your thinking and it shows. That one actually is a NWN mess up. It says it stuns the creature but, what it really does is blinds them.
So, as the Troglodytes are blind, they are not affected. Seems logical.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Wing--Zero wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 6:46 am Word of Faith is not nerfed on Blackstone. It actually works different than what your thinking and it shows. That one actually is a NWN mess up. It says it stuns the creature but, what it really does is blinds them.
Well... I tried it again neck-deep in Illithids. Read the log afterwards, which said "Illithid attempts to resist spell. Failed" but no effect whatsoever.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
gamma521
Commoner
Commoner

Post by gamma521 »

Greetings.
WoF is one of my all time favorite cleric spells(esp in pvp). No save but can be resisted by SR. Here is what it does from the wiki, which is exactly how it works on bsk.

Level 4 or less: death
Level 5 to 7: stunned, confused, and blinded
Level 8 to 11: stunned and blinded
Level 12 or higher: blinded

I should clarify, the blind has no save, but the other effects would make a will save.

the lvl here is referring to creature lvl not caster lvl. it will also send any summons back to their plane or kill them.
I think you mite be underestimating blind in nwn.....
Terrax the Tamer: 6/10/24 risen dr tank
Morg: 12/26/2 dr cleric
Dr. Victoria Von Doom: 38/1/1 caster cleric (in progress)
Gala Ctus: 28/10/2 sd wizard (in progress)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

gamma521 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:03 am ...
OK, I'm dense, so I don't get it. You're saying that the monsters are actually blinded by my spell, but I don't notice it? Or they all have Blind Fighting? Or what?
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Ming
Baron
Baron

Post by Ming »

Cornflower wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 12:48 pm
gamma521 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 11:03 am ...
OK, I'm dense, so I don't get it. You're saying that the monsters are actually blinded by my spell, but I don't notice it? Or they all have Blind Fighting? Or what?
Heres how blind works in nwn. Without seeing your combat logs it would be hard for me to tell if they were affected by blind, but regardless. Also bear in mind if you are trickery domain and using imp invis, you already have the 50% miss chance and they dont stack.

Blinded creatures are unable to see. This gives them a 50% miss chance and a -4 penalty to all attack rolls, while giving those attacking them a +2 bonus to attack rolls. Furthermore, a blind creature is considered flat-footed and is unable to directly target distant creatures with spells or attacks. Additionally, there is a -4 penalty to discipline, hide, move silently, open lock, parry, pick pocket, set trap and tumble.

True seeing negates most of the effects of being blind, leaving only the 50% miss chance. Similarly, blind fight negates some of the effects of being blind, leaving only the -4 penalty to attack rolls, the -4 penalty to skills, and the inability to target creatures at a distance.

The -4 penalty to attack rolls is for attacking an unseen character. It is not applied multiple times for other instances of not being able to see the target (e.g. if the target is invisible).
gamma521
Commoner
Commoner

Post by gamma521 »

Right click on a mob, examine it, scroll down to bottom, after being woffed, it will say blind.
Terrax the Tamer: 6/10/24 risen dr tank
Morg: 12/26/2 dr cleric
Dr. Victoria Von Doom: 38/1/1 caster cleric (in progress)
Gala Ctus: 28/10/2 sd wizard (in progress)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

gamma521 wrote: Sun Aug 05, 2018 3:02 pm Right click on a mob, examine it, scroll down to bottom, after being woffed, it will say blind.
That I can try. Will check.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Garek
Knight
Knight

Post by Garek »

I have noticed in NWN that some creatures if already "locked on" to you will continue to pursue, but others will move for a few seconds and then just stand there..........blind!