I'm sooo tired of running around looking for quests...

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

I'm sooo tired of running around looking for quests...

Post by Cornflower »

I'm sorry, I know Driller wants us to discover things, but help, please?
I don't have much playing time and when I'm online, not many others are playing so I don't have many to ask in game.
I'm running out of quests. I've probably missed a lot of quest givers, aside from the obvious you stumble across while doing the quests (Foxmore, Warden, the guy in Skara Brae, the couple in Dark forest, the guy in Bordermarch). Any hints for those I've missed please?

If you don't want to post spoilers here, PM me instead.
Also, I play a paladin, so I can't do the evil quests of the guy by the harbor.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: I'm sooo tired of running around looking for quests...

Post by Capt Cliff »

Cornflower wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:57 pm I'm sorry, I know Driller wants us to discover things, but help, please?
I don't have much playing time and when I'm online, not many others are playing so I don't have many to ask in game.
I'm running out of quests. I've probably missed a lot of quest givers, aside from the obvious you stumble across while doing the quests (Foxmore, Warden, the guy in Skara Brae, the couple in Dark forest, the guy in Bordermarch). Any hints for those I've missed please?

Are you level 40 yet? At some point you do finish all the quests and then it's farm Umgahville for forgies and die in the Bloodcult and Temple of Doom. Sooo ....
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Have you been to the waste?

-driller
Cornflower wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:57 pm I'm sorry, I know Driller wants us to discover things, but help, please?

Ippydips
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Ippydips »

As someone pretty new to the server.. not even a full week playtime yet and maybe about 2 hours max at any given session, my friend and I managed to get to level 13 pretty easily enough going through the main quests in Blackstone Keep and picking up the side quests from the cities/towns we were visiting on the way back and forth.
Kane0
Duke
Duke

Post by Kane0 »

Driller, maybe have some of the questgivers mention others like the old man calls attention to the priestess, who then points you to Foxmore?

Unrelated: Also nice work with Gnawbone. The server message in the log says 'X has killed a Gnawbone' though, may want to remove the 'a'.
Unless Gnawbone is the name of a creature type rather than an individual, I could just be confused.
Are the spiders in the same area getting the same treatment in the future?
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Nope, where is that?
driller wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:16 pm Have you been to the waste?

-driller

Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

I'm at lvl 18.... Hence my desperation....
Capt Cliff wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Are you level 40 yet? At some point you do finish all the quests and then it's farm Umgahville for forgies and die in the Bloodcult and Temple of Doom. Sooo ....
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

You get to the Waste by following the Long passage located in Mirkwood, where the Minotaurs are.
Cornflower wrote: Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:25 am I'm at lvl 18.... Hence my desperation....
Capt Cliff wrote: Mon Jun 11, 2018 4:04 pm

Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Thank you!
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
nicmercy
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nicmercy »

Is the wastes accessible on BSK:EE? I've been all over Mirkwood and can find no transitions besides the northern one to the druid camp and the southern one to Forbidden Hollow.
Jake_Master
Count
Count

Post by Jake_Master »

This all has been changed, modified, and moved around. Follow the standard quest line and you will find what your looking for 👍
Captain Andrick Korningstone, Arms Master Los Illuminados Alianza

Troy Korningstone
Andrin StoneBender, Master Crafter
Kurt Addams
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Talk to Foxmore in the Keep and follow his quest line.
nicmercy wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 6:32 am Is the wastes accessible on BSK:EE? I've been all over Mirkwood and can find no transitions besides the northern one to the druid camp and the southern one to Forbidden Hollow.
nicmercy
Commoner
Commoner

Post by nicmercy »

Jake_Master wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:10 am This all has been changed, modified, and moved around. Follow the standard quest line and you will find what your looking for 👍
driller wrote: Wed Aug 01, 2018 8:21 am Talk to Foxmore in the Keep and follow his quest line.
Thanks for letting me know... I've been following the quests (I'm lvl 16 now), though I have a few I just can't quite handle yet (snort with his dc:42 chain lightning vs my 22 reflex save >.<, and that druid leader for the scales quest).

I've been exploring and mapping the gameworld trying to learn where everything is. I know there are secret areas I haven't found yet, and went searching the forums for more info. I thought I found a lead with this topic, sadly no. I think I've mapped as much as I can and I've found and cleared 6 of the shrines but the 7th is likely in an area I haven't found yet.

I was hoping sailing to Marvale would lead to more areas but it doesn't seem like you can get out of the fighting areas/steps and the temples. At this point I'm kind of at a loss as to where else to look. The forest zones seem to end with the druid camp, snowy zones seem to end with the frozen way. I found a hidden coastal area but it doesn't connect to anything else from what I could tell.

My only recourse for now is to grind mobs for xp to level up more to handle snort and the druid leader, though I suppose for snort I could spend a ton of gold on mantle scrolls to eat his level 40 caster equivalent spells >.< though I am not sure how someone who can't use scrolls would handle him at 16. Hopefully once I do those two quests I'll get a lead to somewhere new.

I've probably missed something very obvious along the way and will be slapping my head once I find it >.<
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

There are several items in Marvale's Merchant that an you help you with Snort. You could also try one of Rodran's henchman to distract him, the henchman revives after a short while.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

You need to get past Snort in order to get further to the next quest nexus. Sorry about that. But, as driller said, you can buy stuff that help you with him.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)