Confusion about "soak" or bug?

Report any bugs you find here.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Confusion about "soak" or bug?

Post by Cornflower »

I've got one item "1 soak 10" and one "5 soak 5".
Do they stack or not? I'm guessing not.
Do the cancel each other out somehow? I checked the system messages last few times I've been killed and nowhere does it say "damage reduced x points by damage reduction" (or whatever it's supposed to say). Do Troglodites in general, or the Trog champions have some kind of super-weapon that''s immune to damage reduction?
Or did I find a bug? (More likely I'm confused. Again.)
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
zhulf
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Confusion about "soak" or bug?

Post by zhulf »

If you get hit with a less than +1 weapon it should soak 10. Higher should soak only 5, and if the trogs have +5 or greater weapons then it won't soak.

Soak stacks with resistance. So 5/+5 and 10/slashing would stack if the creature has less than +5.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Should, but it doesn't. Or the trogs have +6 weaponry.
zhulf wrote: Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:17 pm If you get hit with a less than +1 weapon it should soak 10. Higher should soak only 5, and if the trogs have +5 or greater weapons then it won't soak.

Soak stacks with resistance. So 5/+5 and 10/slashing would stack if the creature has less than +5.
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Graves
Baron
Baron

Post by Graves »

Most of the monsters here have higher EB weapons than the soak gear would protect against by the time you can find it. Apart from using it in a set of leveling gear for alts, it's not worth taking on anything I've seen yet except 1 item that gives +10 soak 10.
Cornflower
Duke
Duke

Post by Cornflower »

Graves wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:57 pm Most of the monsters here have higher EB weapons than the soak gear would protect against by the time you can find it. Apart from using it in a set of leveling gear for alts, it's not worth taking on anything I've seen yet except 1 item that gives +10 soak 10.
Levelling gear for alts? Isn't that muling and hence illegal on this server?
Either way, I tried to leave stuff for an alt, but it all disappeared, so I just assumed there was a non-muling script running...
Who wills, can
Who tries, does
Who loves, lives
(Ann McCaffrey)
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Cornflower wrote: Mon Jun 18, 2018 5:19 am
Graves wrote: Fri Jun 15, 2018 1:57 pm Most of the monsters here have higher EB weapons than the soak gear would protect against by the time you can find it. Apart from using it in a set of leveling gear for alts, it's not worth taking on anything I've seen yet except 1 item that gives +10 soak 10.
Levelling gear for alts? Isn't that muling and hence illegal on this server?
Either way, I tried to leave stuff for an alt, but it all disappeared, so I just assumed there was a non-muling script running...
There is a trash script to keep people from littering.

Just use another player to transfer gear to an alt, or get creative.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya