Old History of Blackstone

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.

Moderators: DM_eaze, Luceran, DM_Jaydaan, ST_DM_Myle, dm_xeen1, DM Nexus, DM_TrainWrek, Carpe_DM1, DM_Unicorn, DM_Griphon, DM_Shadowlands, dm_zane, DM_Centaur, DM_Mystic, DM Rendyll, DM_Avalon

Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Dugaru327"

Rumor has it that the mage known as Geo'dew Kaine has been searching for clerics. No one knows what for, exactly. The cleric he has found are keeping their mouths shut, for fear of this dark man killing them...

Rumor has it that a few adventurers saw the Demigod of Sorcery, Aethril, arrive at the Oasis.

--------
"Star Child"

Wynter Lake

Commoners whisper in the corners about a new triumverate lead by Raven Swordmistress including Wynter Lake and Silith Paine are about to bring major changes to the Keep. With the help of such leadership as Damian Goodmaine and Veldraine this new breed of Hunter is virtually unstoppable.

Commoners hope and wonder if folks like Ortel and her Starkson or even Lord Vallius the sword bearer have the power to thwart the upcoming harbingers of doom.

The sign of Kazra appeared in the town next to the great oak... those who touched it of pure good heart died

Winter Lake
Mistress of Shadow and Ice
Cleric and High Priestess of Kazra

--------
"VlosBD696"

As Wynter stood there prattling her hogwash Ortelassa called up a hot web of light to warm all around her then as Wynter's back was turned she let several strands of webbing flick from her fingers and land on lady of ice's rear. As Wynter Jumped those around Ortelassa laughed and giggled.

"That should thaw her ass." Some one shouted.

Growing bored, the drowess and others left Wynter once again was a broken record repeating the same tired lines.

--------
"Star Child"

Wynter Lake

Intelligence tells us that the Starkson are finding allies where they would have never looked to before. Rumor has also broken that there will soon be dissention within the Hunters. Yes you are all being watched.

Well to all you infedels within the Hunters that do not agree with the new regime of Raven Swordmistress we will simply weed you out and when we find you.... kill you. There will be no room for traitors among us. May the day of Shadow and Hell engulf you all...

Wynter Lake

--------
"VlosBD696"

Looks at the note Wynter wrote and smirks.

She pulls out a quill and starts to write on a peice of parchment. "Here take this note to Lar or Throval." She hands it to a page. "Be sure they get that." She sighs while watching the page go.

"Leaders are not a guild and if Raven has fallen then those true to the creed of the Hunters are not traitors. The best we can do is give them shelter even though it will mean they must be neutral to be safe it can't be helped. Better that than death and they be lost. I have to talk to Wine."

Picks up a list of supplies needed and refigures the numbers. "Well Zim will be happy over this order. It will take his ship a few trips to fill it. At least we will be stocked up."

Stands up looks around then picks up her staff. "Well time to work on the wards and make sure they are strong. I hope Wine knows what she's doing not many will like having to sit aside and just watch. But this time Vor has to fight his own fight Starkson has done too much in the past and received little thanks it's time we take care of our own and others deal with this one."

Walks out of her suite and tells a few waiting mages to follow. As she walks her thoughts stray and she mutters under her breath. "As it is I most likly won't be here to see the end of this, it can't be helped other duties call other paths I must take." Shrugs as she walks the mages are quiet as they follow her.

--------
"Dugaru327"

*A message is written on glowing parchment with gold ink. At the bottom is the E'lie family crest.*

To the public--

Raven, "Swordmistress of Chaos," has attempted an attack on my life. Thanks go to Naisha Shadowsong, the reason I am alive today. If I had not brought Naisha along, I could be very dead out buried in the waste sands somewhere.
Raven was slain, but Naisha and I had to flee the scene. We believe Raven was ressurrected and is still alive. Be on the lookout.
Raven, Damian Goodmanne, their followers, their helpers, and all Kazrite Hunters are now our public enemy. Kill-on-sight. I thought you knew better than to attack one of my order, let alone the father himself. And Raven...just because you are a hunter...does not mean you cannnot become the hunted.

-Father Unen E'lie, Leader of the Shining Order

--------
"Pharo_IK"

((posted in the Starkson and in several places publicily))

Edict of the Starkson

Kazra and hs followers are at it again. Despite years of trying to help Vorites form a unified force and fullfill the role their god asks, they remain scattered and disorganized.

A few groups have taken form of late, forming organizations with respectable ideals and goals. I applaud their effort, but I have decided that the Starkson will not step to the forfront again.

The fued between Kazra and Vor has become epidimic. No sooner is one ploy crushed than another forms. Vor, dominant in the land of current does near nothing to unify his faithful and leave the battles and bleeding to others.

No more.

Vor may either step up or allow his influence to yield to Kazra.

Some may think I am blasphemous when I speak of the bickering twin gods, but those who think so fail to realise facts for what they are.

I have led Starkson for 15 years. I have dedicated much effort and strain to create balance, to help the Vorities find focus and unity of purpose. Vor has failed to give them the elightenment needed to find their way. It is time for a change. If Vor will not bless his people, help them find purpose and drive, then Starkson will not stand in the way of change.

We will not force a false balance. Sometimes nature must take its course. Sometimes a wildfire must be allowed to burn freely.

Vorites of Starkson, if you feel the calling, you may request of me that I release you of your Oath of Service, that you may do what you feel is right. I do not intend, however, to welcome back those who break rank and allow them to seek a place with us in the future. We will wish you luck, we will always consider you friend, but in this I am firm: Starkson is not going to participate in the battles of the mainland.

It is time for this fued to resolve, for a new measure to be taken, for Starkson to allow nature to take its course.

I am sad to announce that due to Ravens actions of open hostility and provocation of violence, I must consider our alliance void and null. I will not participate in an alliance with a provocator. I extend a warm hand to all Hunter members whom are distressed by recent events. I welcome you to find a home with the Protectorate until this storm has passed. I know many of you can not bring yourself to fight those you love and care for, even as they perform foul deeds.

You may come to the Protectorate as the friends you have always been.

Others with no interest in the comming war may also seek refuge with the Starkson. We will make room in the courtyard as needed or feel free to camp elsewhere on Starkson Isle.

I know many of you may feel we are letting you down. The fact is, we have bled time and again at times even pressing the bound of our founding charter. No more. We will not be both the shield and sword for a cause with no heart that lacks the unity to put forth its own effort.

Vor will either step up and give his people renewed cause, or their will be change and Kazra's influence will grow dominant. Either way, the pointless, endless cycle of violence is a burden to the land and we will not add to the damage it causes.

I pray both forces in this conflict will act with honor and that once they settle this matter and the wildfire has run its course, that peace and stabiity will return to the mainland.

I pray for you each, regardless of your faith. May my Uncles offer you each clear vision and wisdom.

Lady Winesa Kenders
Sovereign of the Starkson Protectorate

--------
"Star Child"

Wynter Lake

The Starkson

Being that the dark lord himself agreed to hold peace with the Starkson I will remain obedient to his will. For now Ortel and Winessa will no longer be considered enemies until Kazra say otherwise. For now (again). However the mutiny amongst the Hunters will be crushed with a fist of cold and the sorry monks of the Shining Order will pay for their meaningless threats. To be lawful is one thing, so I obey Kazra's treaty. As I hope the others will as well. To be is evil is another, thus any slight action taken against us will be repaid by another 10 fold its nature. I do not jest when I say this

For every action there will be a greater yet opposite reaction. If you dont like it... see my Lord Kazra.

Wynter Lake
Cleric and High Priestess of Kazra.

--------
"GoVols"

*Posted at the Mayor's office and key meeting areas all over town*

This is a public message from The Hunters

Attention ALL:
Wynter Lake, Raven, Silith, and Damien are NOT HUNTERS! There is no evil Hunters group. Thier division of Kazra's army has nothing to do with The Hunters.

The real Hunters still consider the alliance with the Starkstons to be in good standing. Thank you for the offer of refuge, but we are still alive and well. We have only changed leadership, and still have many strong members.

To the Shining Order: Do what you will to the above mentioned names for they have no protection from us now, just don't get them confused with us.

In times like this it is best to overlook our disagreements and focus on the common goal at hand. A meeting between The Starkstons, The Shining Order, The Hunters, and anyone else concerned needs to be held soon.

To all Real and Loyal Hunters: Stand fast and hold to your values. You became a Hunter for a reason, so do not forget it. Do not let Raven attempt to sway your heart. If you find yourself wondering which way to go, please talk to Lagnar or Thorval before making any rash decisions. I know the evil group will attempt to gather forces and sway Hunters away, but they will not succeed.

--------
"Luna778803"

A women known as Naobi approaches the many notices and rolls her eyes, muttering mostly to herself. "The outcome of all of this will most likely be the same as the last try by my father.. Nontheless.."
*She writes in big red letter over a scroll on the board "SILITH CONTACT ME" ~Naobi*

--------
"Sylvarius"

A notice is posted on the Great Oak, addressed "To all those of good intent within Blackstone Keep"

"To all those of good intent within Blackstone Keep, should you find yourself in confusion, lost, or without a leader to guide you, I offer you shelter and counsel. As lady WInesa Kenders has publicly announced, the followers of Vor have never really organized to promote good deeds within the land of Blackstone Keep. If you crave such organization, I will offer it to you. I have walked within the keep for many months now, and although few have met and spoken with me, I have observed the dealings of many. If the followers of Vor wish to stand before Kazra, they must stand together, or not at all. Please understand, I am not trying to be oppurtunistic during these troubles times, to form my own force. It is, in fact, with great reluctance that I post this message. I have no desire to lead unwilling men and women into battle. I have no desire to sacrifice of myself and my time to defend anyone who will not be defended. But as I love this keep as much as I love my homeland of Sylvanguard, I will not stand by and allow the influence of the Kazrites to wax stronger. Please, I beg of you, good residents of Blackstone Keep, if you find yor current organziation lacking in the desire to perform good works, we will instute a chapter of the Dragoons of Sylvanguard right here in Blackstone Keep to combat this growing threat and shadow presetned by the Kazrite Warlors and their army. When all is said and done, you may return home, to the Hunters, to the Shining Order, to the wilderness, or to the unknown ranks of Blackstone's citizenry, whichever you hail from, should you decide to join forces with me and stand in common defense of our land. I will not attempt to hold your allegiance after this threat has passed. And, to any members of the Starkson who find that they cannot stand aside at the actions of Kazra's followers......I offer you a home should you lose yours. Remember, seek me out if you need guidance.

-Darion"

--------
The world is a strange place.
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

"Pharo_IK"

the details seem to all point to the same thing. but the facts offered seem beyond belief.

the Blood Goddess was slain by the combined efforts of several, including a handful of Starksons....

it is said Winesa fell and that Lia herself was required to give aid, but that magics involved in the battle left lasting effects. she was asked and complied with the Councils request that she surrender title.... thus leaving the Council to rule in her absence.

the retirement of Winesa has been discribed by some as a release of a caged beast... and her adgenda.... no longer guided by a duty to the Starkson Charter..... is unknown.

"what? Lady Winesa left the Starkson?

"so the story goes.

"then who be leading us then?

"that council i guess?

"so then Lady Nadia, Lady Platina, Lady Ortelassa, and Lord Venian? ((pauses)) wait, ain't she supposed to marry Lord Venian?

"yeah, theM the ones and yes, so i heard. i wonder if they will still marry?

"hmmm... i guess that means the drowess then, since she's the one we see the most of.

"well, the council rules, so i guess the most senior one present will be the one who leads.. Nadia and Platina have both stood for Lady Winesa in the past, but i heard Lady Winesa handed a Rulership Rod to Ortel also...

"they be a good bunch, all friends i hear, i betcha they work things out just fine.

"i just hope they tell us what actually happen.

"nothing remains quiet around here for long. either they will announce something or send us a notice.

"15 years Lady Winesa ruled here....

"things change friend, things change.....

--------
"Dugaru327"

*clipped to the last statement, careful not to cover up any of his words*
*written in gold ink*

What are you talking about? The Shining Order has always been here. It's only the stubborn mayor that is keeping us from taking recruits to our monastery.
For those of you who don't know, we also provide protection and organization to defenders of Vor. If you should like to join the Shining Order Protectorate to defend our monks, other protectors, and the common people, contact me as soon as the Monastery is made available to the public.
The Shining Order has positions for both good and neutral monks as well as other good and neutral adventurers. So long as they want to help, we will let them join. Contact me if you're not sure how to tell when the monastery will be up.

-Father Unen E'lie, Shining Order

--------
"Caesius"

Eclipse the spellsword has been seen around the keep recently looking very sad. Her mentor and friend Natasha has apparently dissapeared and a new blast crater can now be seen in the hamlet...

--------
"Pharo_IK"

seen here and there Winesa Kenders stalks the 9 children of blood who are marked for death. the once bright and cheerful soul, now quiet and watchful of others..... as she has learned others still hunt her despite leaving the Sovereigncy behind.

from the shadows she smiles as they gloat like fools over her "great fall"... how they mock her name and declare her with new title of "Her fallen grace"....
it is all quite humourous really.... as they talk without realising she stands behind them.... as they talk about her as she was and not as she is.... as they fail to understand that the shackles of leadership no longer guide her actions and she is free to strike as she pleases....

her hand no longer bound to duty, free to pounce when the prey are vulnerable.

--------
"Dugaru327"

To the public--

Firstly, I'd like to declare the news that Raven "Swordmistress of Chaos" is now converted back to Lia. Any hunting her that is from the Order or an ally should end the hunt; She is no longer a Kazrite. Raven gives us her word and until she walks through the doors of my monastery, I am unsure. I hope eveyone understands my distrust, since she did attack me when I tried to reason with her. If this should be proved wrong, the declaration of public enemy will be resumed and no such claims from Raven will be believed again. I hope will all my heart that her repentance is true. Welcome back, Raven.
Secondly, the monastery has been moved by the mayor's mages. Yes, moved. It was going to be in the forest outside the Keep by a nice lake, but he had it moved to Skara Brae, and he cleared everything. The only problem is that our wards are malfunctioning. You may open the front door...but any attempt to enter will result in failure. Therefore, if you wish to enter the monastery, you must speak with Unen or Lin-Wu. Since that means you would bypass the wards, only trusted individuals will be permitted to enter. We are working on getting the monastery fully functional (including a working entrance) and hopefully all will be well within the week.
Finally, an Oath is being assembled that our new members must swear to. It involves nothing big and complex. Members will be informed of what they must swear to before the initiation ceremony (a short 5 minute ceremony or so).
Have a nice day, and I hope to see you in the commons area, in the temple room, or at the pool (all public areas). The monastery is quite large and accomidating, and approximately two-thirds is for public use. Thank you.

-Father Unen E'lie

--------
"Star Child"

Wynter Lake

Damn The Raven

*Reads Dugaru's Note*

The Shining Order....

The Hunters....

The Starkson....

They all have homes. They all fight for good. Even the lying Starkson's stand for good regardless of what they say. Does not anyone in this Keep stand loyally for Kazra? *spits at the thought of Raven's conversion* Raven will pay her derailment from Kazra's path. Will not anyone more competant than Warlock step up to the plate on the side of evil to lead us? Someone who will lead us in the path of lawfulness, someone to give us a home, Someone to rule the Keep? Does this Keep's overlord only build homes for the righteous leaving the balance of this world forever tipped in one direction?

*Saddened at Raven's conversion (a failing prophecy...or maybe not) Wynter, leaving the main city, goes off alone in search of her master Warlock for long overdue meeting about the direction of the Kazrites. She still manages to go to the Oasis and her home in Bordermarch to pray to Kazra. All the while she gathers money so that she may hire mercenaries for task also very long overdue.*

Wynter Lake

--------
"Dugaru327"

*small notes are now added to all copies of the previous message from the Shining Order*

The monastery's wards are now functioning properly; all non-evildoers are able to enter. We will be accepting new members within a few days.

-Father Unen E'lie

--------
"VlosBD696"

A Note posted at Starskon from Her Grace Lady Ortelassa:

Members and Citizens of Starkson please do stop by and speak to me I wish to know your thoughts and how you are doing. I also wish to keep the roster current. There will be changes coming to Starkson and I want to know who all will be affected. Tis nothing ill only wish to see the membership is doing well and will know what to expect.

--------
"star Child"

Wynter Lake

Kazrites have been seen marching in masses toward the Oasis. Camps of bands of two and of three or more have lit their fires and are all headed through the Waste.

A lady stands outside of Kazra's temple welcoming those who have come one by one. More and more space is being used but Wynter has found accommadations for all of the invited guest.

Warlock finally arrived in all of his evil splendor. Saying nothing she bows slightly to her general. Lord Mork Gordak, leader of WAR, came carrying his staff along with his long lost advisor Myel Damy. Myel looked quite different and carried with him the Golden Sceptre of Death. In two days the great council would have their meeting. A coalition of evil. Two Towers and one Temple. Two great leaders and one priestess that struggles to keep the bond between the two. She awaited her last guest before shutting the doors of Kazra's temple. Kazra was getting impatient for he had been waiting for such a meeting to attend for quite some time. Still she stood under pressure awaiting her last invited guest. She heard what sounded like a sand storm in the middle of the oasis. It was him. Finally. Dreadlord and the entire SIE....

Wynter Lake

--------
"Zeras"

Through mumbled gossip and back alley meetings there wanders a rumor of a second formation devoted to evil, but details surrounding it are scarce.

It is said a winged sorcerer is involved and that the building of a structure of some sort has been planned to house this new congregation.

It has also been mentioned that the beliefs of this nameless organization differ from conventional Kazrite ideology.

Some versions are more helpful, suggesting contact with a monk wearing a black robe with red trim may yield more information than available in tavern-talk.

--------
"Gibbo"

Two dark robed mages walk into a bar, share a couple words, and the Hells opened up. Vicious energy and temporal distortions riddled Space-time followed by a massive explosion that shook the foundations of Creation itself. There are no witnesses left alive in the tavern to confirm identities, and the news of this recent happening sifts down to the Keep by word of mouth through game hunters and trappers.

Two entered, one left. Such is the fate of those who deal with dark kindered spirits. Another kill, another soul, down down down into the depths of the Drinker's stone.

"... eh heh heh heh eh..."

--------
"VlosBD696"

The young trapper sat there watching, waiting for the wolves around Trinsic to appear in his sights. Their pelts had been making him a goodly some of gold of late and he was going to do well this year while the market held. He had an eye on a small house in Skara that was priced just right for him. He had already well over half the gold need at this rate he would get that house before the end of summer. He smiled over the thought maybe he would also court one of the gals in the Keep and have a nice snug winter too.

Suddenly his thoughts were interrupted by a movement along the road it was not a wolf but rather a small woman with a hood over her head, she carried a long glowing staff and had some kind of red cloak wrapped tightly around her. Then he spotted one of the wolves coming to attack her, he raised his bow but before he could get off a shot the woman had raised her hand and missiles of light flashes from her fingers frying the wolf into ashes – damn a lost of a good pelt on that one.

What he mistook for a red cloak were really her wings, they quickly moved fanning open behind her as she cast her magic. Her hood fell back and he gasped at see that she was a drowess and not just any drow but Lady Kallow of Starkson. What was the Lady doing in these woods? And in her condition too. He sat there and watched he could see that something was troubling her mind as she moved slowly towards the chasm.

Then she disappeared around the cliff and out of his view for a while there he thought to change places to see what she was up to but before he could move another form appeared walking out of a tree. A huge bear of a man from all looks a druid. The man followed the drowess and the trapper suddenly found himself moving away from the area. His thoughts again focused on hunting wolves and getting his house for the winter ahead.

--------
"VlosBD696"

Two maids passing each other in the hallway and stop to chat between their duties.

"Oh, maude have you heard the news?" The older woman says.

"I just got back from me sister's just a hour ago what news?" The younger says smiling as she tries to balance the overfilled clothes basket.

"The new sovereign gave birth to two boys just last night." She announces nodding her head.

"No! She was a long time carrying those little ones. How they all be doing?" She replies waiting for more information she knew was coming.

"Ah well I seen them and they are just like her all dark elf skin and one he looks just like himself ya know." She clicks her tounge as she nods her head knowingly. "The poor thing."

"What about the other one?" She asked as the basket tries to shift in her arms.

"Well I'll tell ya." she looks around then motions the other woman over. She whispers in her ear so no one can over hear. The other woman eyes grow wide and she looks at the other women in shock. The basket forgotten in her arms.

"No you don't say. On my." She says in a small voice. The basket suddenly tips over and spills the clothing all over the floor. Both women bend over to pick it all up and bump their heads.

"OW!!" They both cry out. Then they hear a laugh not far away. Both scurry back to their duties. Eager to pass on the most interesting news.

--------
"DEZBA"

There is a rumor of two elves who seem to be twins. No one knows where these brothers have come from but they seem to be growing in strength and ability.

The twins seem to keep to themselves. If you see one, the other is not far away. Who are these twins? Are they brothers? Where did they come from? What are their intentions in the keep? Are they good, neutral or evil?

--------
"DM_Unicorn"

One of the Children was seen in the Keep, killing numerous guards.

--------
Jazelle
Duke
Duke

Post by Jazelle »

//End of the rumors section I will post the stories on another thread.