Elemental Rings!?

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Elemental Rings!?

Post by Capt Cliff »

I found a nice elemental ring with 15 acid, fire, cold and electric, but it nerfed into 5 ... grrrrrrrrrrrr!

Now there are ammy's of single elemental resistance. found a fire one. How about adding rings with single elemental resistance say at 10 resistance?
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Re: Elemental Rings!?

Post by nobody-special »

check marvale's merchant
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

nobody-special wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 3:25 pm check marvale's merchant
Yes the Ring of Power is good, the lessor Ring of Power. But no Acid or sonic protection. Sooooo ...
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

The ring of elements giving -15/- to 4 elemental damage types even on the old server always gets nerfed down to 5/- Best thing is to either accept this and add haste to it if you got a spare gold forgy or sell it for around 16k gold without trying it on ... Selling after it is nerfed results in less gold obviously...
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Sapphire wrote: Mon May 07, 2018 6:10 pm The ring of elements giving -15/- to 4 elemental damage types even on the old server always gets nerfed down to 5/- Best thing is to either accept this and add haste to it if you got a spare gold forgy or sell it for around 16k gold without trying it on ... Selling after it is nerfed results in less gold obviously...
I've found a shivering ring with cold resistance 20 I believe, but with some draw backs ... one for acid, or electric, or fire, is what I am suggesting. The "best" thing, IMHO, is to think out side the box and round out the game so We the players have a bit more options to enjoy our gaming experience.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

There is certainly one for electric very useful for when you go up against Snort the minotaur as it is 100% electric immune and I have at least on the 1.69 server a similair one for sonic damage also 100% as one of my many characters has one of those... Usually you can come accross amulets that give 20/- against the 4 standard fire, acid, electric, and cold ... RIngs are think as I have mentioned in this post seem rather much rarer ...
gniht
Knight
Knight

Post by gniht »

It would be nice to see more elemental resist options available from shops or possible to craft onto gear, even if it is only 5/-

Some ideas for items available via merchant might be:

1. an assortment of low-lvl rings that just do a single type at 5/-

2. a ring of elements from a high-end shop (perhaps Akon?) that has fire/cold/electric/acid all at 10/-
(so you lose freedom and 5 fire/cold/electric but get 10 acid)

And then i think it would be nice to have some forge stones that when applied to put 5/- of a type associated with the color of the gem. perhaps craft the forge stone itself by combining an existing forge stone and an appropriate color socket gem? i.e green forge stone + green socket gem crafts into acid forge stone that adds 5/- acid DR to armor?
nobody-special
Baron
Baron

Post by nobody-special »

I would rather have a forge stone that would add a socket to an item and allow us to use the socket gems and runes to get the 5/resist.

--NS
gniht
Knight
Knight

Post by gniht »

nobody-special wrote: Fri May 11, 2018 5:11 pm I would rather have a forge stone that would add a socket to an item and allow us to use the socket gems and runes to get the 5/resist.

--NS
I don't think you understand how socketed gems work. they do not give 5/- dr, they give 5% di. those are very different things.