party v party or not !?

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Sapphire
Count
Count

party v party or not !?

Post by Sapphire »

Have started out a new character an elven bard and something is different to any other server that I don't know if should be looked at ...

Using some bard spells like in particular "sound burst" I have ended up stunning myself as well as mobs ...
Now I know the description says "all creatures" in the area but surely given the party v party setting and my character casting the spell I should not be effected by it ... As it stands this is particularly dangerous spell if I get stunned and some of the mob attacking me do not ...

I wonder if something can be done to address this ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: party v party or not !?

Post by driller »

This is normal for this spell. It is stock and has not been modified.
It uses the constant: SPELL_TARGET_STANDARDHOSTILE which is explained below.

- SPELL_TARGET_STANDARDHOSTILE: This one is much more complex than the other two. Note the use of () and capital ORs and ANDs to denote nested conditions.
* Not friendly.
* oTarget hit themselves or their pet (familiar, summons, etc) with a spell.
* (if oTarget is a PC OR the module flag "X0_G_ALLOWSPELLSTOHURT" is 10) AND oTarget is not friendly with oSource.
* (not friendly AND the difficulty setting is greater than GAME_DIFFICULTY_NORMAL) AND the module switch "MODULE_SWITCH_ENABLE_NPC_AOE_HURT_ALLIES" is TRUE.
Sapphire wrote: Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:11 pm Have started out a new character an elven bard and something is different to any other server that I don't know if should be looked at ...

Using some bard spells like in particular "sound burst" I have ended up stunning myself as well as mobs ...
Now I know the description says "all creatures" in the area but surely given the party v party setting and my character casting the spell I should not be effected by it ... As it stands this is particularly dangerous spell if I get stunned and some of the mob attacking me do not ...

I wonder if something can be done to address this ?