What are you playing now?

Open Discussion - Please use appropriate decorum
Lord_Stubby
Commoner
Commoner

What are you playing now?

Post by Lord_Stubby »

What are you all playing now? Has anybody found a game that offers multiplayer in a style similar to NWN? Any chance of something similar coming out in the near future?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: What are you playing now?

Post by driller »

I don't know of any game presently or in the future that will have the same 6 second round based combat that NWN has.
But here are a few I would recommend.

Divinity Original Sin which has turn based combat with action points kind like Fallout Tactics.
The multiplayer is limited to two people though. There is a mod available to allow four. It has a toolset like NWN did.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230230/

Grim Dawn is a Diablo Style hack and slash.
The multiplayer is supposed to be patched in late this month. I think it will support four people. It will also have a toolset.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/219990/

Thanks,
-driller
Lord_Stubby wrote:What are you all playing now? Has anybody found a game that offers multiplayer in a style similar to NWN? Any chance of something similar coming out in the near future?
Whoisthere
Commoner
Commoner

Post by Whoisthere »

Played a few games and for some reason NWN1 keeps calling me back, still glad to see some good servers still around..
Caesius
Duke
Duke

Post by Caesius »

I have been playing Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn lately and I have to say, I am rather pleased with it.

The music and art design is exquisite.
It has a 2.5 second global cooldown so you can take a little more time to fight strategically when compared to games with shorter GCDs such as World of Warcraft.
Very gamepad friendly for those who already spend all their time at work in front of a keyboard and mouse and would rather not deal with carpal tunnel.
Some servers such as Balmung and Gilgamesh have an active RP community.
Game will work on PS3 and PS4 for those who can't afford a nice gaming PC.
The Job system allows one to try any and all classes without rerolling their favorite character.
While there is a subscription fee, you can download a 14 day trial first to see if it is worth the investment.
The only constant is change.
Douglas Thurman
Count
Count

Post by Douglas Thurman »

NWN1 is always a good release. I'm just happy to see BSK is still kicking.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Am too still playing NWN1 when I can .. Mostly on High Ground PoA which allows you too level upto 80 which is not an easy thing to do even there. You need like 125 million xp for that ... I have still popped into BSK a few times when I want to play alone for a while just for some mob bashing but I don't get the time like I used to any more.. Guess that is the same for most people these days plus NWN is now a very old game ...
TM5000
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TM5000 »

STALKER, Fallout 3, and I still try to get on NWN.

I have been stopping by BSK but never see anyone else on. Lately been on a PW called Kharlindale, which actually has 6-8 plyers at peak time.

I miss the old days when I had to go invis right after login to avoid the lower level riffraff and their attemps at RP.

Now I don't have a single level 40 toon online cuz my favorite servers disappeared a few years ago.

*sniffle*
- Sivit: Kazrite Necromancer
- Sevok Sikthorn: Master of Stealth
-Runnik: Fists of Fury
-Joe Forestal: Nature's Defender