CD KEY

Report any bugs you find here.
littonsteve1
Knight
Knight

CD KEY

Post by littonsteve1 »

Several times in the last few day when I try to log in I get the message my CD key is already in use. This morning I loged in on with one of my wifes characters to see if anyone was on a player named eks0706 was on. I thought each player name was set to its own CD key to prevent that.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: CD KEY

Post by DM_Avalon »

Did you use a torrent download and CD key for your installation or did you purchase the game?
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
littonsteve1
Knight
Knight

Post by littonsteve1 »

DM_Avalon wrote:Did you use a torrent download and CD key for your installation or did you purchase the game?

I have Keys both purchased and downloaded. Prob have the downloaded on mine. I still dont understand how someone can log in under a different name with the same CD key, I cant go in under a different name or use my name on a different comp with different Keys.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Post by DM_Avalon »

A CD key from a torrent is going to be used by a lot of players, so not exclusive to one player. A purchased key will be exclusive to one player unless they install on multiple machines.

So if you want to play with a torrent key that you've not purchased ... then you're going to risk other players doing the same.
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
Daris
Knight
Knight

Post by Daris »

having a simmalar issue but mine is from the key on my game case but says key not same as gamespy onfile
Marcus.. General Of the Starkson Protectorate
littonsteve1
Knight
Knight

Post by littonsteve1 »

Daris wrote:having a simmalar issue but mine is from the key on my game case but says key not same as gamespy onfile

I think the CD key locks should be removed. I have several CD Keys myself depending on which computer I am on. It would be nice to be able to log into my account from any computer.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The reason I do this is because the Gamespy servers have been taken down. That means when you log in to Neverwinter there isn't any authentication at all.
To get access to your characters, all someone has to do is just log in with your name and hit enter. They could delete everything you have if they wanted.

That is why I do a CD key check.

Thanks,
-driller

littonsteve1 wrote:
Daris wrote:having a simmalar issue but mine is from the key on my game case but says key not same as gamespy onfile

I think the CD key locks should be removed. I have several CD Keys myself depending on which computer I am on. It would be nice to be able to log into my account from any computer.
littonsteve1
Knight
Knight

Post by littonsteve1 »

driller wrote:The reason I do this is because the Gamespy servers have been taken down. That means when you log in to Neverwinter there isn't any authentication at all.
To get access to your characters, all someone has to do is just log in with your name and hit enter. They could delete everything you have if they wanted.

That is why I do a CD key check.

Thanks,
-driller

littonsteve1 wrote:

I understand the safety issue, to bad there is not a way to set up a player password.
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Driller , I was booted today because my CD key didn't match ..Thing is , I have 3 keys to install from each expansion and I lost my first one so I tried pulling it from the internet (bad choice) . I have my original keys from SOU and HOTU but not the original . Anything I can do so I can play BSK1 ?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Try again.

-driller
TropicOfCancer wrote:Driller , I was booted today because my CD key didn't match ..Thing is , I have 3 keys to install from each expansion and I lost my first one so I tried pulling it from the internet (bad choice) . I have my original keys from SOU and HOTU but not the original . Anything I can do so I can play BSK1 ?
TropicOfCancer
Baron
Baron

Post by TropicOfCancer »

Worked great , thanks. My CD was so old it was written in Roman numerals .
Daris
Knight
Knight

Post by Daris »

Yeah mine is working again too Hey Gibo let's hook up in game sometime and get some bsk1 action goin
Marcus.. General Of the Starkson Protectorate