Logon CD Key vs Account Name Check?

Report any bugs you find here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Logon CD Key vs Account Name Check?

Post by Capt Cliff »

How does your CD Key and account name check only work for one CD Key and account name? I am asking because I have 2 PC's each with NWN1 on them. I use to be able to logon to either of my accounts, Capt Cliff and Ensign Pulver, from either machine. Now I am fixed as to which computer I can use. My new computer only works with Capt Cliff while my ole XP machine will only logon Ensign Pulver. If I switch I get booted. Is there an easy way to have both my accounts attached to each program CD Key? It's just my new machine has a nice 24" screen, but if it's a hassle then I'll wait until the Master server comes back ... if it does.

Oh, this is probably not a bug, just forgot to move to the discussion ro suggestion forum. Sorry.
DM_Avalon
Count
Count
Location: Second star to the right and straight on till morning

Re: Logon CD Key vs Account Name Check?

Post by DM_Avalon »

With how I understand it ... yes ... a specific CD key is now locked to an account. With the Gamespy server issues it's the only way to prevent abuse of your accounts. As for being able to lock more than 1 key to an account. Only Driller can give an answer to that.
I am not one who was born in the possession of knowledge; I am one who is fond of antiquity, and earnest in seeking it there.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I could do it, but I will have manually implement a workaround.

-driller
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:I could do it, but I will have manually implement a workaround.

-driller

If it's a hassle to do then never mind. I can use one PC for one account and the other for the other.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

It's not that big of a deal with the small player base, what are the account names?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:

-driller

If it's a hassle to do then never mind. I can use one PC for one account and the other for the other.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

driller wrote:It's not that big of a deal with the small player base, what are the account names?

-driller
Capt Cliff wrote:

-driller

Capt Cliff and Ensign Pulver, and thanks!!