BSK1: Freefolk Courtyard buildings' transitions

Report any bugs you find here.
acompletenewbie
Commoner
Commoner

BSK1: Freefolk Courtyard buildings' transitions

Post by acompletenewbie »

Howdy. New player to Blackstone so bear with me.

At least 2 of the buildings in the Freefolk Courtyard (Starkson Suites and Earth Guild) have transitions that:
  • Are unlocked and enterable; but
  • then proceed to lock once a character has passed through them (into Freefolk Interiors)
The end result being a character gets completely trapped (unless they are fortunate enough to have a portal scroll or similar).

The first one wasn't a huge problem for me as I have more than one CDKEY and was able to log on an alt to reopen the door to the Suites. However, the second became locked from the outside too.

I now have a PC who is permanently trapped within Freefolk Interiors. She cannot even leave the entry area of the Earth Guild as the only other door is also locked. All of the various doors involved are plot-doors, meaning they can't be picked nor bashed.

If those buildings are meant to have restricted access, can the external transitions on those doors be set to locked as well, please so other people don't get caught out as I have been?

Finally, can somebody please help me free my character?

PS: Why does the map pin say Starkson Suites anyway?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: BSK1: Freefolk Courtyard buildings' transitions

Post by driller »

If I remember correctly, the Freefolk island was built by players that split off from the Starkson guild. That is why the map pin is off. I will take a look at the doors. It was supposed to be an open guild anyways.

-driller
acompletenewbie wrote:Howdy. New player to Blackstone so bear with me.

At least 2 of the buildings in the Freefolk Courtyard (Starkson Suites and Earth Guild) have transitions that:
  • Are unlocked and enterable; but
  • then proceed to lock once a character has passed through them (into Freefolk Interiors)
The end result being a character gets completely trapped (unless they are fortunate enough to have a portal scroll or similar).

The first one wasn't a huge problem for me as I have more than one CDKEY and was able to log on an alt to reopen the door to the Suites. However, the second became locked from the outside too.

I now have a PC who is permanently trapped within Freefolk Interiors. She cannot even leave the entry area of the Earth Guild as the only other door is also locked. All of the various doors involved are plot-doors, meaning they can't be picked nor bashed.

If those buildings are meant to have restricted access, can the external transitions on those doors be set to locked as well, please so other people don't get caught out as I have been?

Finally, can somebody please help me free my character?

PS: Why does the map pin say Starkson Suites anyway?
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I changed the fail to open script to unlock the door. You should be able to get out now.

-driller
acompletenewbie
Commoner
Commoner

Post by acompletenewbie »

driller wrote:I changed the fail to open script to unlock the door. You should be able to get out now.
Yep, I did so last night (my time). Thanks for fixing it. :)