Forge Stone Drop Rate.

Post suggestions for improvements here.
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Forge Stone Drop Rate.

Post by hisokaa »

I understand the Idea of forge stones is a great idea, gives us a way to customise our equipment, and puts a smile on our face when we find one.
Unfortunately I havent had many smiles, and neither has anyone else.
I have made a character from the ground up to level 23 and have only found three forge stones.
Since there is no way to purchase equipment that helps our characters on the server, I belive perhaps the forge stone rate needs to be increased, and the Socket stone rate decreased a bit.

I have a page of socket stones vs 3 forge stones.
I feel very sorry for casual players here who cannot purchase any higher end magic equipment, nor can find any forge stones to enhance their equipment, and lets face it, socket stones can only do so much.

For a server which prefers Magic Light, magic is highly relied apon to get anywhere on the server, even to fight the lich you have to have a cleric buff you to get near him as his Fear DC Save is over 40, i mean crikies he isnt hard to kill, its just the fact of getting near him.

So I think we need to adjust it a bit to make it more fair, not increase or decrease the AB / AC levels that we can get as characters, but just increase the ability to get a little more equipment to better prepare us for the battles ahead.

Try making a straight fighter and see how far you can actually go, you will respawn a million times if your ever lucky enough to see the waste, mino's or dragonkin and you wont even attempt to go near the Yuan-ti.

Cheers Hisokaa.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Re: Forge Stone Drop Rate.

Post by Deathsinger »

Yes, I have discussed this issue with some others as well. For a low magic world magic appears to be extremely available (at the right price, but it IS there). And the Lich is awfully hard for non-buffed characters. I went there as a guide with Alucard for some non-magic types and it was murder on them . Even Alucard ( level 30 FS) failed to save against the spells and was frozen as I had to watch some of the party torn limb from limb. The durations on his spells last a REAL long time, too. And Fignar a fighter who has no real magic is a player who is frustrated too. As a powerful warrior he shouldn't be having so hard a time, yet without someone to buff him he has real trouble fighting minos.
i DON"T believe it is a low magic world..... just low access for players to magic. The magic IS there just you have to get it. It's not TOO hard to get some magic gear for your characters. And you WILL need it. I'm not complaining just making a statement. The magic IS available to help none magic characters out you just have to make use of it.
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

Post by hisokaa »

Honestly the magic isnt really there, there is not much equipment for sale at akons, and with the akon golem spawn rate it could take you two weeks to get in there five times with 500 000 total gp to purchase any gear that may or may not be there, as alot of people keep hoarding the items and they are only there once every reset.

Magic is available if you constantly ask for cleric to buff you. Or you make a very very advanced build which includes magic and combined classes, otherwise there is zilch to help against the enemies.

Hisokaa.
Hisokaa Is Back
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

hisokaa wrote: Magic is available if you constantly ask for cleric to buff you. Or you make a very very advanced build which includes magic and combined classes, otherwise there is zilch to help against the enemies.

Hisokaa.
exactly and i hate having to ask so i often don't and even when offered.. i don't like takeing it.. unless i am at a low level and i can use it better. it just seems like a choir to have to ask for buffs.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well i was speaking of the base shops as Akon's sucks now ( Only the Tiger helm is worth buying there now). And crafters. I mean my crafter Ta-Ta is NOT what other's call a crafter but I can get +3 and sometimes +4 items with her. I don't mind helping to craft items for ppl. I just warn them I'm NOT the best at the keep. Some don't mind and enjoy getting what I can make. Prices are cheap LOL. Ok I'm still poor.... business ISN'T booming for a minor crafter :( .
tropiofCancer
Count
Count

Post by tropiofCancer »

I'd suggest bringing back the drop rate to 05' levels . BSK has went from frequent drops to extremely rare , from high magic to low magic and in the end the old way seems to have been the best way . Not enough people really play NWN that much anymore so I don't see what the harm would be upping the drop rate . Fenrips kid played here earlier with me and I took him to nethris to help him get some stones and not a one dropped , I'll end up giving him some of mine just to make his character viable at the higher levels . I don't mind sharing but it's a shame that the few new players the game gets won't have the same oppurtunities as the veteran players have .
"Jesus Saves.....and takes half damage."
DM Rendyll
Viceroy
Viceroy

Post by DM Rendyll »

Is this BSK2 or BSK1? I found a Green and a Jade today in Nethriss, and took about 15min to get the Guardian. This was on BSK1. That was while fighting a whopping 5 or 6 mages that decided to have a convention down there...lol
Play by the spirit of the rules, not by the letter of the law.
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

this thread was started way back.. and back then we were talking about NWN2 but im sure the drop rates are still in the toilet so to say.