Character deletion and a ring with magic DR

Report any bugs you find here.
TM5000
Commoner
Commoner

Character deletion and a ring with magic DR

Post by TM5000 »

1. The man at the docks has as an option in conversation to delete the character. I have tried to do this three times and get the message, "Server timed out." and my toon is still intact.

2. I received in loot a ring called, "Mastercraft Ring of Magic Resistance". It had 5/- magic DR and +1 to AC. I equipped it and noticed no mention of magic DR in the stat window. I looked at it again and it is now simply a ring with +1 bonus to AC. Any idea what happened to the other property? BTW, it is still called, Mastercraft Ring of Magic Resistance.

Thanks!
- Sivit: Kazrite Necromancer
- Sevok Sikthorn: Master of Stealth
-Runnik: Fists of Fury
-Joe Forestal: Nature's Defender
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Re: Character deletion and a ring with magic DR

Post by Dan8145 »

there is no reduction in magic damage on BSK. Any item with this will be removed asap.
TM5000
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TM5000 »

Dan8145 wrote:there is no reduction in magic damage on BSK. Any item with this will be removed asap.
OK, thanks. Kinda makes me wonder how I received it in the first place though.
- Sivit: Kazrite Necromancer
- Sevok Sikthorn: Master of Stealth
-Runnik: Fists of Fury
-Joe Forestal: Nature's Defender
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The character deletion should be fixed. The ring is still in the drops because long ago, before you could dynamically create item properties. I make an offline random item creator which created the items randomly and saved them to a database.

The loot drops still point to this db and will grab items from it. This is where that ring came from, I had forgotten about it.

-driller
TM5000 wrote:
Dan8145 wrote:there is no reduction in magic damage on BSK. Any item with this will be removed asap.
OK, thanks. Kinda makes me wonder how I received it in the first place though.