Server Acting Strange - False Player + Loss of Graphics

Report any bugs you find here.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Re: Server Acting Strange - False Player + Loss of Graphics

Post by Capt Cliff »

Zeshannara wrote:Tried that it was still doing the same haven't logged on since I'm not sure if will cause issues. It seems to happen when my ISP disconnects or timeouts, creates echo characters.
Does it do it withh all your toons? I thought I saw some tells or party chat that the toon named Elinrandir Shannara was rebuilt or erased by you and then you used the same name on the rebuild??!
Axe Madness
Duke
Duke

Post by Axe Madness »

Zeshannara wrote:Tried that it was still doing the same haven't logged on since I'm not sure if will cause issues. It seems to happen when my ISP disconnects or timeouts, creates echo characters.
this might be a ''stupid'' question but did you hit save file when you did that? :?
Mauric, Cervantes, Von Celer, Vicho Swift, Zod, Vex
Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

Doubled checked and both are showing the correct ports, so I'm not sure why it was still doing it. Ill try a higher port number and see if it is still doing it.
Allanon Shannara
Bandiogar Shannara
Elranduri Shannara
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

This program wasn't working correctly. It is now. If you have several players behind the same router, you will have to edit your nwnplayer.ini file and change it so that each player's Client Port setting is different. For example, Player A's will be Client Port=5121, Player B's will be Client Port=5122 and so on and so forth for each player.

-driller
driller wrote:Normally I would agree. But I have a program in place that doesn't allow a single ip to connect on the same port.

-driller