Laggy tonight

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Laggy tonight

Post by Sapphire »

Seems since the server 4pm time reset both the NWN 1 and this forum site have a load of lag.

Am wondering if there is some bandwidth stealing going on ?

Hope it goes away soon as at the moment the game is unplayable.

Sapphire
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Laggy tonight

Post by driller »

It is probably on your end. Others players are not having a problem. NET/CPU usage is low.

-driller
Sapphire wrote:Seems since the server 4pm time reset both the NWN 1 and this forum site have a load of lag.

Am wondering if there is some bandwidth stealing going on ?

Hope it goes away soon as at the moment the game is unplayable.

Sapphire
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Erm.... no there were others with lag is why the server was so empty at the time.

Even Mask quit because of the lag was too dangerous to hunt. Also this website was laggy I had a terrible time just posting the original message. Elsewhere on gamespy I could enter and play other servers with no problems.

At the time there was this problem gamespy continually showing the ping for BSK as -1 ( ie. out of range ).

So beg my pardon but this certainly wasn't a problem at our end and given the evidence I had to hand you'd have come to the same conclusion.

All in all though generally I never have a problem like this and BSK is normally very smooth running even from this side of the pond.

Sapphire
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Let me rephrase it. U.S. players where not having a problem. So somewhere along the way a router was probably dropping packets.

-driller
Sapphire wrote:Erm.... no there were others with lag is why the server was so empty at the time.

Even Mask quit because of the lag was too dangerous to hunt. Also this website was laggy I had a terrible time just posting the original message. Elsewhere on gamespy I could enter and play other servers with no problems.

At the time there was this problem gamespy continually showing the ping for BSK as -1 ( ie. out of range ).

So beg my pardon but this certainly wasn't a problem at our end and given the evidence I had to hand you'd have come to the same conclusion.

All in all though generally I never have a problem like this and BSK is normally very smooth running even from this side of the pond.

Sapphire
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Got to say I was on the same time as Saph and felt no lag at all. Could have been a router/server issue for her alone...dunno.