The Blackstone Times

Use this forum for In Character Interactions only.
Fyren
Knight
Knight

The Blackstone Times

Post by Fyren »

// OOC ~ Please refrain from leaving any comments on this thread //
Fyren
Knight
Knight

Re: The Blackstone Times

Post by Fyren »

A Fresh Start

I would like this opportunity to introduce myself. I am Kynan Bladvicksson, a dealer and trader in small exotic items. I have sought and received permission from the Warden of Blackstone Keep to establish a small news sheet business. I look forward with thrilling anticipation to bring you, the residents of the keep, news, interesting information and tales of wonder and bravery on the high road !

Keep News

There seems to be an influx of new adventurers into the keep. They seem to be exceedingly busy. This my dear friends can only mean one thing. The monsters and creatures that inhabit the lands surrounding the keep are thriving ! Let us hope that these brave brave folk are capable of keeping them at bay so that innocents who owe their very lives to these heroes, are able to sleep soundly in their beds.

Nature Notes

Amongst the new arrivals are creatures of wondrous appearance. Winged, Tailed, Catlike. I have seen, with my very own eyes, at least three different types of winged folk. I have also met a most alluring creature, who I have been reliably informed, is a Shae. Dark of aspect, with feline ears and a tail. Shae eat fish and berries and other quite mundain foods. Whilst quite charming, I also suspect there is a violent side, as I glimpsed the sight of blood on her fur. Oh dear, the memory of that makes me feel quite quite ill. Oh, I digress, my readers. I look forward to bringing you more information about our marvellous new residents as I glean more details in my travels around the keep.

I also encountered a charming lady who seemed to move with the speed of lightning. I am confidently able to reveal the sweet lady is a student of Martial Prowess, more commonly known as a Monk. I am able to reliably report that the rumour a monk has fists of steel is incorrect, they are flesh and blood, however with training they are able to hit with such power that, I am told, it feels by the target as if they were being struck with steel. How fascinating !

~~~ Services / Lost and Found / Births, Marriages and Demises / Small Sales ~~~
If you wish to advertise in The Blackstone Times, please contact me, I am usually found near the large tree
in the town centre. Please note, the local druids have requested that notes for me are not pinned to the tree,
even with small daggers.

Kynan Bladvicksson, Editor, Gentleman of Leisure, Importer of Varied & Exotic Impedimenta
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

Re: The Blackstone Times

Post by TropicOfCancer43 »

Dear Kynan , as an avid reader of your periodicals * blood stain* for some time I would like to congatulate and commend you..* smeared bloodstain* for your unbiased assesment of the totalitarian practices perpetrated by the Starkson proctectorate which was enforced by the Shining Order Monastery . You like any lawful citizen of BlacKStone will be delighted to hear their booted tyrannical feet no longer echo through those hallowed halls . The usurpers have fled and although I'm sure they have by now laid siege to some distant peaceful folk the citizens of Blackstone are now free from their oppression .* blood stain*.know that those of the Coven will assist and aid those citizens and offer protection in these dire times of anarchy and want . Should the tyrants return know that the coven will be there to defend the denziens of the keep and that peace and security can be found in the Four Pillars . Sincerly ,
Luther half orcen
* Testimonial*
Through the classifieds in the Blackstone times my small company has grown from the far wastes to the shores of Marvale . My customer base has grown exponentialy with each ad ! Don't be the last to reap the benefits of this far reaching periodical !
* a small caption of Luther giving the thumbs up*
Fyren
Knight
Knight

The Blackstone Times

Post by Fyren »

Special Edition

Greetings fellow residents.
The warden of Blackstone Keep has commissioned a special edition of The Blackstone Times. He has given me a letter and asked me to print it in full, I do so now with the greatest of pleasure.

"It was my intention to hold a feast today, having paid a top chef to attend and cook a speciality meal. It appears those foul Black Orcs raided the ship transporting the Chef and all his ingredients. The Chef, it seems, managed to escape. However all the cargo was taken. The Chef suffered a bump on the head and cannot fully remember all the items, but he believes that all the ingredients for the meal are listed in his recipe book, which was also taken. He tells me that the ingredients are only good for one day. I hereby call upon all adventurers and residents of the Keep to search high and low for the items. The Chef will be in the keep for a short time and he has assured me he will pay handsomely for the return of a full set of ingredients and book. My interest is in having the feast. My expenses so far prohibit me from giving any reward for this, any and all rewards will be supplied by the Chef.

Warden of the Keep"

My friends, I do so hope someone is able to save the day. I was so looking forward to this promised gastronomic delight.

Kynan Bladvicksson, Editor, Gentleman of Leisure, Importer of Varied & Exotic Impedimenta
Fyren
Knight
Knight

The Blackstone Times

Post by Fyren »

Editorial

Disturbing news has reached my ears, my dear friends and fellow residents, of a Ship that has 'landed' in the Pasture.
I have been reliably informed that a young lady left the vessel, and was seen in and around the Keep. I am told that three or four hearty adventurers investigated this and are continuing their investigations as we speak. I am sure they would welcome other company in their efforts. I managed to speak briefly to Master Culver, a most remarkable person who has feathered wings growing out of his back, I am led to believe this is due to some heritage that is not of this world. I digress, Master Culver has said the young lady, who he confided to me is called 'Dusty', is seeking an object and they have been tasked with assisting her. If any other adventurers wished to join in this venture, they would be most welcome.
I have also heard some disturbing rumours that strange creatures have been seen leaving this ship. All residents are cautioned to be on their guard. The warden requests that anyone interested in this should direct questions to his assistant, Director of Matters Phoebe

Nature Notes

I had the most delightful chance meeting with three Foxlings. One likes to read books and scrolls, one likes to ride ponies and count gold and the third, I am told, is a fierce barbarian. They are delightful creatures, I have never seen their like before and I welcome them most heartily to Blackstone Keep.

Keep Events

I have heard that on distant Freefolk Isle, some new residents have moved in. I hope they will be good neighbours. As of yet, I have not received my gilded engraved invitation, though as it is some distance away and across the sea those who know me will not be surprised if I am unable to attend due to my many duties and interests within the keep itself.