BSK1 updates

General Discussion is for anything related to Blackstone not covered in the other forums.
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

BSK1 updates

Post by driller »

1.New low level quest added to the Warden.
2.Heartbeat character save removed from Shifters. //Hopefully this will work around the bug this class has
3.Added another quest to Gulwyn. Raised her rewards from 4000 to 5000.
4.The Kobold Elder quest will not be completed for party members unless they are in the Kobold Cave when he is killed.
5.Maybe fixed party quest bugs. Let me know on this. Your quest should not update when a party member does it unless you have the quest in progress.
6.Added Aildrek quest.
7.Added Maug quest.
8.Added new quest to the Warden.
9.Adjusted Quest code. Your quest should not update when a party member does one unless you have it in progress or have never taken it.
10.Adjusted Trolls.
11.Added a unique drop to the Goblin leader.
12.Added a unique drop to Loknar.
13.Added in special code for dying on the Sea Floor.
14.When you enter the server and your saved location is the sea floor. You automatically get flagged being able to breath underwater as if you had already touched the shrine.
15.All characters that touch water shrine get the ability to breathe underwater permanently.

-driller
Mask-inc
Duke
Duke

Re: BSK1 updates

Post by Mask-inc »

Wow, what an amazing new quest, the best i have seen so far on BSK1. Keep on your good work Driller. =D> =D>

Mask
**Master Halaster Blackcloak, Los Illuminados Alianza Grand Master**

Minion- Impling
Sir Del Goodman- Exile from Starkson Protectorate
Karthak Strongarms- Slayer of Undead
Rikus Strongarms- Grand Scythe Master
Lomnek Strongarms- Dwarven Tank
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

Post by TropicOfCancer43 »

Thanks for the effort on the shifter bug , but I'm afraid its still there .
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Kudo's!!! =D>

The new quest IS the best bar none!! GREAT WORK!! =D>

Oh, someone did have a problem of not being allowed to leave the keep. Was told to speak to the warden. I think they had not done the kobold quest. AH, reading bug report I see this was fixed!! =D>
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

i imagine the heartbeat did not work because the heartbeat is on all classes.. thus if your multiclassed you get hit with the heartbeat save multiple times.. which makes sense when i see it bug out a few times in a row.. and then nothing for a while.

so i would imagine you would have to remove heartbeat saves from either 1 the most likely candidates for shifter multicassing. or from all classes to get rid of the bug.
Sapphire
Count
Count

Post by Sapphire »

Capt Cliff wrote:Kudo's!!! =D>

The new quest IS the best bar none!! GREAT WORK!! =D>

Oh, someone did have a problem of not being allowed to leave the keep. Was told to speak to the warden. I think they had not done the kobold quest. AH, reading bug report I see this was fixed!! =D>
That would have been me, my new character couldn't leave the keep even to do the kobold quest. Thanks to swift action by Driller though it was resolved inside an hour.

Sapphire
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I just check to see if you have levels in the class shifter and skip the save if you do.

-driller
arwan wrote:i imagine the heartbeat did not work because the heartbeat is on all classes.. thus if your multiclassed you get hit with the heartbeat save multiple times.. which makes sense when i see it bug out a few times in a row.. and then nothing for a while.

so i would imagine you would have to remove heartbeat saves from either 1 the most likely candidates for shifter multicassing. or from all classes to get rid of the bug.
Zeshannara
Baron
Baron

Post by Zeshannara »

Tried the new quest and I like the new quest different from the rest of the quest in the module. Hope to see some more added.
Allanon Shannara
Bandiogar Shannara
Elranduri Shannara
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

Arwan is probably right from what I've read on different forums , if you multi class ( a pre req for shifters) then the auto saves pwn you . I'm not sure how MothMan got around it on his server but on Amia the save de-shifts you then automatically shifts you back . It's a pain but at least the class is still playable .
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

Please try again.

-driller
TropicOfCancer43 wrote:Arwan is probably right from what I've read on different forums , if you multi class ( a pre req for shifters) then the auto saves pwn you . I'm not sure how MothMan got around it on his server but on Amia the save de-shifts you then automatically shifts you back . It's a pain but at least the class is still playable .
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

I logged my shifter back in and things went well the first few saves , then went from taking 3 points of acid damage and no physical to taking 48 points of physical . My character doesn't take nearly that in human form much less something like Iorn Golem or Risen Lord . Driller you might want to try logging in a shifter with one of those forms and taking it to the Sleestak warrens or the Southern wastes just to see what happens . For all I know the problem may come from the 35% immunity cap script negating the forms damage reductions/Immunities all together . Thanks again for the effort .
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

TropicOfCancer43 wrote:I logged my shifter back in and things went well the first few saves , then went from taking 3 points of acid damage and no physical to taking 48 points of physical . My character doesn't take nearly that in human form much less something like Iorn Golem or Risen Lord . Driller you might want to try logging in a shifter with one of those forms and taking it to the Sleestak warrens or the Southern wastes just to see what happens . For all I know the problem may come from the 35% immunity cap script negating the forms damage reductions/Immunities all together . Thanks again for the effort .
I made a shifter too, and my risen lord takes 40-60 damage on a base hit in the ants.
I think that the immunity cap script may be the problem as well.

also, Part of the problem may be that anytime you pick an item up you get the reshift.
Leveling also causes a reshift, which has resulted in the bug fixing itself once, and causing the bug another time.

I will test a few things in the morning to see if I can find any patterns or temporary solutions.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

The scripts that apply immunity caps have been fixed, they will not interfere with shape shifting.

But they still apply the cap. That means for example, a Risen Lord will have a max of 35% immunity per damagetype.

This does not fix the NWN bug that affects shifters.

-driller
Roland Deschain wrote:
TropicOfCancer43 wrote:I logged my shifter back in and things went well the first few saves , then went from taking 3 points of acid damage and no physical to taking 48 points of physical . My character doesn't take nearly that in human form much less something like Iorn Golem or Risen Lord . Driller you might want to try logging in a shifter with one of those forms and taking it to the Sleestak warrens or the Southern wastes just to see what happens . For all I know the problem may come from the 35% immunity cap script negating the forms damage reductions/Immunities all together . Thanks again for the effort .
I made a shifter too, and my risen lord takes 40-60 damage on a base hit in the ants.
I think that the immunity cap script may be the problem as well.

also, Part of the problem may be that anytime you pick an item up you get the reshift.
Leveling also causes a reshift, which has resulted in the bug fixing itself once, and causing the bug another time.

I will test a few things in the morning to see if I can find any patterns or temporary solutions.
TropicOfCancer43
Commoner
Commoner

Was wondering if the damage resistances to forms like risen Lord/ Golem have been lowered to 35% will the vulnerabilities to divine and positive be reduced as well?