Throwing weapons and ammo

Post suggestions for improvements here.
Humiz
Count
Count

Throwing weapons and ammo

Post by Humiz »

Dear driller would it be possible for throwning weapons and ammo to be socketed ?

Thans
Humiz
obregon
Commoner
Commoner

Re: Throwing weapons and ammo

Post by obregon »

Due to the built in problems with throwing weapons, which makes them inconvenient to the point of being forever 'novelty' weapons as is, perhaps they need a little more help than even socketing to be worth building a character around? Given how uncommon useful runes/gems are, the enhanced stacks would run out so quickly as to be nearly pointless. Variety is good, and anything that expands the range of viable character builds is a good thing right? :D

I'll add my suggestion that instead of buying stacks of thrown weapons, there be a bag/item of shuriken creation for example. Buy it once and create what you need for that character. If the 'summoning item' can be socketed to give the created stacks the same benefit that a melee weapon would get, that seems reasonably balanced to me.
Humiz
Count
Count

Post by Humiz »

One socket stone per missile or Throwing weapon, how about that Driller ? (BSK2)

Thanks
Humiz
Roland Deschain
Duke
Duke

Post by Roland Deschain »

Something else that could be looked at is the forging process. They could be forged the same as a weapon. With an Unlimited ammo enchantment on them maybe. Melee users only have to socket and Forge a weapon one time. Bow and Crossbow users have to socket and forge their weapons once. While bow user still have to forge their ammunition, they have a higher crit chance or higher crit multiplier.They also have a great choice for ammunition in that of divine arrows and Issaic's arrows.

If you forge a set of throwing weapons with a cube you can forge several stacks at once. With the rarity of forge stones, especially those that are necessary for a good weapon,It is very costly to forge a weapon.( Red, Blue, Silver, Yellow, Cobalt, Crimson ) So a throwing weapon user goes through many forge stones that a Bow user, or any other character for that matter, doesn't. Also the cube would have to be made in the first place, which is also very expensive.

So if there was some way of making throwing weapons forged once and not lost I think it would be fair.

Edit: after reading the posts again I have realized that this was a BSK 2 post. Mine was written with BSK 1 in mind.
Roland Deschain
Alain Johnson
Cuthbert Allgood
Marten Broadcloak
Cort
Rarebru Balancebringer
Walter O' Dim
Sleepy
Feanara Telrunya