Shout Channel

Post suggestions for improvements here.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Re: Shout Channel

Post by shadowflame »

Just provide me with a few cells,shackles and some interegation equipment and ill have those shout channel abusers rounded up in no time *Grins*
OrionNebula
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

arwan wrote:im sorry but i have to laugh at that being used to much LMAO blasphemy my lord there using it once every (according to you) half hour to 45 minutes. personally i have seen it used.. maybe 1 time when i get on.. usually not at all.

LOL i can only picture if some parent had there kid speak one sentence every hour how that would go over..

im sorry maybe its just me but you know.. people talking really doesn't hurt my feeling of immersion even if it is meta gaming.. or not.. seriously. if it was like people were using shout so often that it was basically what people were using to just communicate well.. i to would be all over shutting it down.. but there not. a very few people every so often using it (and usually just trying to be nice to other players using it.. and not meaning any harm) really wont bother me.. in all honesty.. if im going to be truthful.. i find it hilarious that it makes people upset.. what would you do if it were PNP... and the guy next to you just stated.. hey.. if you go right down that hall. there is going to be a mob.. oh and there CR7.

i do play PNP and these things happen from time to time.. and it really doesn't bother anyone .. at least the people i play with.. as we can either do one of two things on our own without i dont know... what ever it is you want to call it that most are doing here. we can 1 ignore it and do what we were going to do anyway. which is what usually happens anyway.. or we can do 2.. listen and act accordingly... which isn't always the best option either.

besides that as far as im concerned the meta gaming defense is more a cop out than anything. if your going to kill it for meta gaming you might as well kill the party chat as well.. as its at least 100X worse. how many times has anyone been raised because they asked for it in some fashion using party chat. then we can bring the argument that there should not be any party information for anyone not in your immediate area.. IE if the player is in another area you should not be able to see there portrait. after all its meta gaming if they die and you then go somewhere to raise them.. how would a REAL person know they had fallen.

again im sorry.. and maybe its just me.. but meta gaming is a for gone conclusion as far as i can see.. as long as there is any feesable way.. its going to happen.. weather or not the channel dies. again to me that argument can be equated to if johnny takes your ball and you go to mommy to make johnny give back your ball.. like a 3 year old would do.

so while i think or thought.. would be a better word. that we could all be adult enough to not let something as trivial as person A said something on the shout channel OMG. not get to us. it to me any way is obvious that this is not so.. that person A saying anything on the shout channel is OMG blasphemy and i cant deal with it... SO

as much as i oppose it.. you might as well kill the shout channel.. as it seems it will help some people out.

heck might want to kill it for the DM's to as there announcements can be seen as some type of meta gaming.. after all.. the wind doesn't really have a voice.. how would you really know in game.. better to use the forums for such things. which can be seen as another form of meta gaming... dang guess it never really ends does it.
Phew! What took me two sentences to state takes your 8 paragraphs?? Your logic is impectable! :roll:

Yes It seems you want to keep it open to all but it is an annoyance to others. Like the neighbor who plays his stereo too loud or the the guy with the dirty bike who tears up and down your street. It's a distraction and a nuisance when it's used for nonsence. I like the shout channel to be for important server messages from Admin or DM's.

Dan,

Play nice?? But ... but ... you trained me ... how can I do that!!! :?
Dan8145
Duke
Duke

Post by Dan8145 »

Lol Cap...look where it got me ;-) Banned from 2 servers..life's too short. Having random messages thru the shout channel is annoying, true. If it's used for *metagaming* then it should be stopped, no question. I think the active Dm's and Driller should have a little meeting, and decide. Simple.
Capt Cliff
Duke
Duke

Post by Capt Cliff »

Further note: Driller came on the shout channel annoucing a change to the quests, all have to be in the same area to get credit. Well I almost discounted it as another shout that someone is selling Akon stones or this or that. Shout are for Admin and should be for Admin only.