DM Time?

Post suggestions for improvements here.
hisokaa
Baron
Baron

DM Time?

Post by hisokaa »

I have noticed that alot of people are dropping off Blackstone Keep.
For a 12 player only server it should be packed to the rafters.

Im wondering if its time for a DM? To run some RP specific quests, and get the new people to Blackstone Keep into the spirit of it.

Also I think the lands of Blackstone Keep need to be extended and more quests in place with exiting new places for New Blackstone Keep and old Blackstone Keep players to explore.

Gotta keep it fresh else people forget what they are playing for.

Cheers Hisokaa.
Hisokaa Is Back
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Re: DM Time?

Post by Deathsinger »

I've lost hope of being a DM here. Don't see it happening for anyone else either. So, i doubt seriously any Events will be run here.
Nottingham
Count
Count

Post by Nottingham »

When people get characters to level 30 too quickly, they get bored playing their characters or just bored alll together. Then the grind of getting multiple characters there wears them out. Perhaps it being too easy in a party and too hard solo comes into play as well, at least xp and earning levels wise, that is.

I have not been playing as much because school has started up, and as a teacher with a family and home life, getting on to play is much easier during the summer.
"Man must be forced to be free." Thomas Hobbes
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Yes, boredom does come with too many high level characters but I've noticed many don't even make level 5 or 7 before leaving, never to return. many have asked me, "Is there a DM here?". And all I can tell them is, "No. Not really. We have one but he can't be here all the time".
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

a DM would be nice but not completly nessasary to organise and play an event. If you guys are keen to rp and playout organised events on BSK then why not start them here in the forum and play out your characters online.

perhaps arrange a rp session/event at an already pre-arranged convenient time. this also gives you good folks a decent reason to bring out your epic toons for a bit of server fame & glory^^

if you have lots of gold and a few decent items, perhaps you could create a quest or two for low lvl new players to take advantage of.
OrionNebula
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

yes but if your going to try and create a quest on the fly it would be helpfull if you were a dm and could spawn in an objective. IE go find me X target. and bring me his head. or take this item and deliver it to person A in zone B..

i would not consider having some person just sit in a zone that a low leverl char can get to and just wait for them.. that would be boring.

could do some PVP. i suppose.. but that requires a few people of the same level and PVP in NWN2 can be quite lop sided unless your both the same class. and even then i get mental images of two wizards slapping each other like you would see in a comedy movie. after they failed to kill each other with spells.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

yes i admit its difficult without a DM, i dont mind being that guy that stands waiting for a group to turn up. in fact its a chance for your character to get some server notoriety, RP, PvP, ect
OrionNebula
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

LOL! He said the "N" word....... notoriety! I LOVE notoriety!