item requests

Post suggestions for improvements here.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Re: item requests

Post by shadowflame »

driller wrote:I am reluctant to add magic bags, due to a few issues with them.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:Could you add pouches Driller or some kind of container? i ask this because my crafter has very little space left in her inventory, if i had a container of sorts i could store my gems in, id greatly apreciate it. tnx
I didnt meen a magic bag, im not looking for weight reduction. what im really in need of is extra storage space. A small box/container of sorts just to hold gems in.
OrionNebula
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

Yeah How about some items?
I just wasted four weeks of my life, playing and understanding it was low magic world not a NO magic world.
Kept thinking "Akon will have some sort of mage gear"
Spent an hour getting the guardian to appear and finally enter his shop with high hopes.
Wow.. I was wrong, Not a Staff, Wand or Robe to be found. and two little rings of limited use.
no belts, no boots, not a single "wondrous item".
Melee types have merchants full of weapons and armor but nothing for arcane casters?

UGH
How about some items.. pretty please..
Peace

Lady Panacea Stormwatcher
Elsbeth Stormwatcher
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I agree, this is on the to do list.

-driller
Cybermagi wrote:Yeah How about some items?
I just wasted four weeks of my life, playing and understanding it was low magic world not a NO magic world.
Kept thinking "Akon will have some sort of mage gear"
Spent an hour getting the guardian to appear and finally enter his shop with high hopes.
Wow.. I was wrong, Not a Staff, Wand or Robe to be found. and two little rings of limited use.
no belts, no boots, not a single "wondrous item".
Melee types have merchants full of weapons and armor but nothing for arcane casters?

UGH
How about some items.. pretty please..
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

*Quote* Spent an hour getting the guardian to appear and finally enter his shop with high hopes

you did well to get into Akons within an hour, me and Kiondel wasted 3hrs and gave up before.
OrionNebula
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

cool.. thanks D

one other thing, maybe I just missed them somewhere but..
Haven't seen any Bone Wands for wand crafting.
I was going to take the feat but if there are no base items to craft should I?
Wand crafting and scroll making is a good way for a mage gal to make some coin and help folks out in the process :)

ttfn
Peace

Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Humiz
Count
Count

Post by Humiz »

I think and I know that wand making will be abused, for instance make a Paladin and then a Holy weapon wand to be used by anyone that can use wand.
This is just one exeample.

And now a request: Please Driller make forge stone drops more frequent.

Thanks
Huimz
arwan
Count
Count

Post by arwan »

i know i asked you in server this and you said you didn't think you would do this but ill just jot it down here anyway, with my reason for jotting it down LOL.

the critical heal potions only heal you 39 hp. if your a fighter class with no magic at all and in the middle of an epic sized or even smaller fight 39 hp isn't enough to stay alive.. your going to take more damage than that in one round.

so i was wondering about heal potions. the heal spell tops off at 150 hp healed. and i don't know where the potion tops off at. but if you look at the heal critical wounds potion that heals 39 vs the spell that can take you over 50. i have to wonder. i bet the heal potion heals maybe 100. and for those epic fights you need something like that if you plan on staying alive very long. even if you could only get them in drops.

LOL then there would be a healing potion to look forward to in that chest LMAO. as i have herd complained a lot recently about all the healing potions in chest drops.. (personally i don't mind i do use them but i can see the annoyance when your wanting something better LOL)
Cybermagi
Count
Count

Post by Cybermagi »

I don't see the "abuse" in a spell like holy sword as wand for a few reasons.

#1 the standard cost to craft each wand would be 45,000 GP
don't know about the rest of ya, but shell'n out 45K to craft each wand to load up your character with 20 of these is rather pricey in the current Blackstone economy.
#2 ya only get 50 charges per wand
#3 Caster level is 15 that equals to 90 seconds of Holy Sword per charge.

The most "powerful" and expensive wand in a non-nerfed system would be Hammer of the gods or Flame strike.
Hammer of the gods with a 20th casting level and 5D8 damage, but each one still will set ya back ya a whopping 60K each.

driller nerfed the wand system in nwn1 version I'm sure he has an idea or two about nwn2 system.
Humiz wrote:I think and I know that wand making will be abused, for instance make a Paladin and then a Holy weapon wand to be used by anyone that can use wand.
This is just one exeample.

And now a request: Please Driller make forge stone drops more frequent.

Thanks
Huimz
Peace

Elsbeth Stormwatcher
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

well i KNOW scribing a scroll is useless :( I had the idea to make a scribe and did....DAMN! It costs a fortune! Was going to sale scrolls as a way to make an income in game but who is gonna pay me that much money for a Raise Dead scroll? NO ONE! I am officially the BIGGEST idiot on BSK! LOL. =D>
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

Spells are slightly nerfed on bsk2, Driller hasnt given us a complete list of changes but i have noticed that the time duration of certain spells are shortned and also some ac buffs done seem to give the relevent ac bonus. some scrolls also cost more than they should to scribe, for instance a lvl nine spell cost less to scribe than a lvl 6 spell ethereal visage.
OrionNebula
driller
Site Admin
Site Admin

Post by driller »

I haven't touched duration or scroll costs.

-driller
shadowflame wrote:Spells are slightly nerfed on bsk2, Driller hasnt given us a complete list of changes but i have noticed that the time duration of certain spells are shortned and also some ac buffs done seem to give the relevent ac bonus. some scrolls also cost more than they should to scribe, for instance a lvl nine spell cost less to scribe than a lvl 6 spell ethereal visage.
shadowflame
Count
Count

Post by shadowflame »

1) Tortoise Shell (Druid lvl 6) only gives +3 Natural armor bonus for a level 11 Druid. It should be +6. This bug only happens when I'm on BSK. I tested it in a single player module, and the spell works correctly as per its description.

2) Improved Mage Armor (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 3) seem to only last 1 min/level. Description for the spell reads 1 hr/level. It runs out about the same time as my 1 min/lvl spells.

3) Energy Immunity (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 7) doesn't seem to last as long as it should. It should last for 24 hours but so far I've noticed that it runs out pretty quickly as if it works like a buffer (eg. Protection from Elements) as oppose to being an immunity.

For my caster level 12 Druid, here's the following result of using Spiderskin, Barkskin and Tortoise Shell:

- Level 3 Spiderskin gives +5 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 12, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 2 Barkskin gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 13, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 6 Tortoise Shell gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. No idea what the increase/caster level or cap is like.
OrionNebula
alnyndur
Knight
Knight

Post by alnyndur »

Not sure if this is the issue, but Tortoise Shell does not stack with, or only stacks with some, other enhancments to natural armor bonus. You can see if this is the case by casting it without any other spells or amulets on.

May not be the issue, but I do not have a druid build on BSK to test it on.
shadowflame wrote:1) Tortoise Shell (Druid lvl 6) only gives +3 Natural armor bonus for a level 11 Druid. It should be +6. This bug only happens when I'm on BSK. I tested it in a single player module, and the spell works correctly as per its description.

2) Improved Mage Armor (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 3) seem to only last 1 min/level. Description for the spell reads 1 hr/level. It runs out about the same time as my 1 min/lvl spells.

3) Energy Immunity (Wizard/Sorcerer lvl 7) doesn't seem to last as long as it should. It should last for 24 hours but so far I've noticed that it runs out pretty quickly as if it works like a buffer (eg. Protection from Elements) as oppose to being an immunity.

For my caster level 12 Druid, here's the following result of using Spiderskin, Barkskin and Tortoise Shell:

- Level 3 Spiderskin gives +5 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 12, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 2 Barkskin gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. Caps at +5 at caster level 13, assuming it hasn't been tweaked.
- Level 6 Tortoise Shell gives +4 natural AC enhancement bonus. No idea what the increase/caster level or cap is like.
Deathsinger
Count
Count

Post by Deathsinger »

Well my dreams of RPing a scroll shop were dashed when I tried making a level 1 scroll. LOL. Haven't really used the feat since the initial shock of testing on 3 spells cost me more than I could possibly gain back.